Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Philippians 4:19 - "Evidence"/"Out of My Hands"

 


Yesterday morning as I listened to Pastor Elaine preach to kick off Holy Week I was amazed at how God intertwined the sermon He gave me with what she said. Her words reminded me I need to weep over lost souls just as Jesus did when He was on this earth. I need to seek to be Christ-like so I will have His compassion and His love will ooze out of me. The homework she gave was to complete this sentence:

Because I died well to sin __________________ will ______________.

I completed it like this: Because I died well to sin my heart will be broken and more lost souls will experience the hope and peace of Jesus. Woo hoo! Pastor Elaine spoke of the footholds of the enemy needing to be eradicated out of our lives. God woke me up at 3AM and again this morning with a song Josh Baldwin sings on my mind.

All throughout my history
Your faithfulness has walked beside me
The winter storms made way for spring
In every season, from where I'm standing

I see the evidence of Your goodness
All over my life, all over my life
I see Your promises in fulfillment
All over my life, all over my life

Help me remember when I'm weak
Fear may come, but fear will leave
You lead my heart to victory
You are my strength and You always will be


Yesterday was a perfect example of evidence of Him in my life. He shined brightly when life was overwhelming. He gave strength in difficult situations. Physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual strength were realized in a great way. Starting the day listening to Pastor Elaine was exactly what I needed for the rest of the day. When the enemy came knocking at my door trying to put lies upon me, I knew I could not accept his lies. I was reminded yesterday of the desire of Jesus' heart to live in and through me. He spoke to me about a personal situation so clearly right in the middle of Pastor Elaine's sermon. Woo hoo! I love living where I hear His voice! This time of restoration in my life is definitely interesting. He is taking me to new places I never would have dreamt of experiencing. He reminded me through Max Lucado's book You Are Never Alone of the story of Lazarus. A physical death had come upon Lazarus. Jesus wept (John 11) over the situation with Lazarus' sisters. He wept. After He wept He commanded Lazarus to 'come out' from the grave. Jesus was there to perform a miracle in their lives. He is here 24/7 to perform miracles in our lives. Yesterday's situation when I thought I was at the end of my 'rope' and was going to fall apart He was there for me. He calmed me down and directed me to go for a walk. What a blessing to not only hear Him but walk in obedience to Him. This morning as I'm writing a song by Jeremy Camp came on and touched me greatly. These words...wow! All we have to do is give Him every aspect of life and He will take care of every little detail. Praise His Holy Name!

So when it feels like all of this pain is never gonna end
Brought to my knees by all of these things I don't understand
Don't understand, I will let the weight of my fear fall like sand
Out of my hands and into Yours, out of my hands and into Yours

Take this out of my hands, take this out of my hands (Take this out of my hands)
Take this out of my hands, it's out of my hands
There's nothing that You can't handle
God You are strong enough, only You can take this out of my hands
Out of my hands, You're greater than all of my sorrows
Worthy of all my trust
Thank You Lord this is out of my hands, out of my hands

The building has to out of my hands and in His. The timing of getting into the building must be in His hands. I don't understand the 'whys?' of all involved in the process but I don't have to. All I have to do is allow Him to be in control. Complete control. Out of my hands. Jesus knows what is ahead. He knows the joys and the challenges of life. He knows exactly what needs to happen at the exact time. Plain and simple. He knows. Last evening was a difficult time where I wanted to give up. Today is a new day where I am determined to live in God's will. Lucado wrote, "You are never alone. Jesus meets us in the cemeteries of life. Whether we are there to say goodbye or there to be buried, we can count on the presence of God." Woo hoo! Praise His Holy Name for these words! Sometimes life feels like a cemetery. We think we want a situation to be over or dead. But if we do not embrace every aspect of life God gives us, we will miss blessings He has for us. I was so excited yesterday when He spoke to me during Pastor Elaine's sermon. Then last night when I felt the enemy knocking God clearly spoke again. Those two times are not only etched in my mind but they also encourage me to be ready for whatever is ahead in this day. Woo hoo! Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these two songs, Lucado's book, Pastor Elaine's sermon yesterday, and You speaking so clearly to me! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! May You cleanse me so You can fill me so You will ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout this day. May You be greater than anything that comes my way today. Lord, I pray it will be in Your timing to have the work at the building completed today so I can call for inspection. I pray Your favor upon us with the inspector that comes. I pray for Your wisdom on decisions that need made regarding the church and in my personal life. I pray for Your continued strength as I continue to seek Your will. I pray Your continued strength for: my sister Linda; my friend Kaye; a couple awaiting test results of their unborn child; two friends with relationship issues; Elizabeth; Melanie; Sandi; and so many others who are going through difficult situations. Thank You for my time with Marion yesterday! What a joy to be able to be with her again. I pray progress will continue with her situation. Thank You for my dear friend Marlene who is always there for me! Thank You for laughter and conversation with Rickey! Thank You for this beautiful place I live and the beauty of Your creation being all around me! Thank You for the time ahead today with my friend Carol Young! Thank You for another day of life! May I not find myself in a 'cemetery of life' today but if I do may I remember I do not have to embrace anything the enemy throws before me but instead remember it is out of my hands and in Yours. Thank You for being My Evidence! Amen.



No comments: