Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8; Proverbs 17:6a - "Build My Life"


I do not know how it is even possible that my first granddaughter is a teenager today. My baby's first born. Wow! I will never forget the day Miss Evelyn was born. I will never forget getting 'the phone call' on our way to church on Easter morning that labor had begun. I wanted to go then but instead kept checking via phone calls on how things were going. It was a long day for all but what a blessing when she finally came into the world. I loved spending a few days with them, giving her a bath, cuddling, etc. Being a Grandma was a new title I thoroughly loved and continue to treasure. Proverbs 17:6a reads in The Passion TranslationGrandparents have the crowning glory of life: grandchildren! Woo hoo! I love this verse! I love the way God provides time with my grand babies. As I think about my grandparents, I realize things are so different than when I was growing up. We lived three and a half hours away in a different state and only got to visit a couple times a year. That is similar to my life today. I am many states apart from my grand babies and it usually is only a couple times a year I get to see them in person. It saddens my heart yet I am grateful for today's technology that keeps me a part of their life. I am grateful for the way their parents share things with me that make me feel a part of their life. A couple weeks ago having Rachel ask me something Miss Aiya said about me brought tears to my eyes. She is so little yet she remembered something her and I did last summer when they were visiting. What a blessing for this grandma's heart! Having Miss Evelyn hug me and tell me "you always give the best presents" are words I will never forget. There is not a ton of money that goes into presents but there sure is a lot of love and thoughts in them. I want my grand babies to know I love them but most of all I want them to know God loves them. As I think about Miss Evelyn turning thirteen today, I reflect back on where I was at that age. She is so much further along in her spiritual walk than I am. I pray she continues on the path God has her for her as her faith is taken deeper. I pray she will realize more of His empowerment in the days ahead. I am so proud of her and pray she knows it. I am proud of Ben and Emily and the way they are raising their children. I know life is chaotic most times yet they continue to lean on God for His direction. I was sharing with someone yesterday about Ben's words to me at the end of his part of Doc's service. He read Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 and then said, "Mom, this is a new season in your life and we are here to support you through it." I am so grateful for the support of my family and the way God has continued to shower His love down over me. I am grateful for the way He uses Scripture, songs, people, etc. to encourage me. As I thought of this Scripture this morning, I thought about how I started praying for my baby's when I was just a little girl. I prayed for three boys and three girls. Some would say I didn't get that but I did. Adam, Paul, and Ben and their ladies Rachel, Lizzie, and Emily. I prayed for future spouses for my boys and for children that would be born to them long before any were a part of our life. What a blessing to see the fruit of your prayers! Once again I am reminded of the words to "Build My Life" and pray for Miss Evelyn and all my grand babies to realize them to the fullest...
I will build my life upon Your love
It is a firm foundation
I will put my trust in You alone
And I will not be shaken
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for a day of celebration for Miss Evelyn's thirteenth birthday! Thank You for giving me the privilege to be her Grandma! Thank You for Adam, Rachel, Paul, Lizzie, Ben, and Emily and all my grand babies! Thank You for being who You are in my life! You are so awesome, Lord in the way You shower me with Your love, mercy, and grace. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. I am living in expectation of receiving exactly what You desire me to receive today! Woo hoo! I desire to live in Your presence where Your empowerment will be realized more than ever before. Father, I pray for Your strength to be mine today as it is going to be a long day. I pray Your protection over me. Today is definitely a day I need to feel You in a mighty way. I am so grateful to be in relationship with You! I am grateful for the way You love on me! Thank You for Ms Savon and Mr John's hospitality! Thank You Jesus for being Who I Build My Life Upon! Amen.

No comments: