Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Isaiah 43 - "Graves Into Gardens"


Yesterday after my time with the Lord I thought He would direct me to write Sunday's sermon. He did eventually but first He stopped me and told me to read Isaiah 43:19. I have been feeling like He has me in a restoration time in my life. This Scripture speaks volumes to me. Verses nineteen through twenty-one reads in The Message:

This is what God says,
    the God who builds a road right through the ocean,
    who carves a path through pounding waves,
The God who summons horses and chariots and armies—
    they lie down and then can’t get up;
    they’re snuffed out like so many candles:
“Forget about what’s happened;
    don’t keep going over old history.
Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand-new.
    It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it?
There it is! I’m making a road through the desert,
    rivers in the badlands.
Wild animals will say ‘Thank you!’
    —the coyotes and the buzzards—
Because I provided water in the desert,
    rivers through the sunbaked earth,
Drinking water for the people I chose,
    the people I made especially for myself,
    a people custom-made to praise me."

I love how God is described in this versions. He builds a road right through the ocean... carves a path through pounding waves...summons horses and chariots and armies. Now that is a pretty powerful God! I love the promise in His words, I’m making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands. The result of that promise is to praise Him. That is definitely one I will be intentional in keeping along my journey. The only way to experience this restoration is found in God's words, Be alert, be present. I must stay focused on Him to experience what He has for me. I must stay living in His presence to experience what He has for me. I was reminded yesterday in my on-line group that I must not allow the lies of the enemy to tear me down. When he tries to tell me I cannot do something, I will remind Him I cannot do it on my own but my God and I can do anything. The front of the journal I wrote the words of Isaiah 43:19 in says 'With God All Things Are Possible'! Woo hoo! Yes! God can take the desert I have walked through and turn it into a lush garden. He can and will continue to provide exactly what I need every moment of the day as I allow Him. The beginning of Isaiah 43 is one I have read and held close to my heart over the last few months. It reads in The Message:

“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name;
You are Mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you."

I have nothing to fear! He has and will continue to be with me. As I live my life walking in obedience to His will, He will direct me to where I need to be. He will present opportunities for me to LUV with His love. Once again this morning I am reminded of the words to Graves Into Gardens and praise His Holy Name for songs that give me encouragement.

You turn mourning to dancing
You give beauty for ashes
You turn shame into glory
You're the only one who can

You turn graves into gardens
You turn bones into armies
You turn seas into highways
You're the only one who can

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for much for the encouragement You give me through Your Word, songs, and others! Thank You for the message from Isaiah 43 that confirms one of the things I have been praying about! I am so excited for this new thing You are doing in my journey! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with Your Holy Spirit! May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a more intentional way than ever before. Thank You for the work we did on Sunday's sermon yesterday! I pray You will continue that process today. Thank You for the beautiful sunshine yesterday to walk in and for a break in the rain this morning so I can walk outside! Thank You for the phone conversation yesterday with a lonely lady who called the church for help! I pray even though I could not help her financially, my words and prayers helped her. I also pray for Darrell MacLearn and his family with the home going of his father. May they continue to lean into You for strength in these tough days. Thank You for Chris who trimmed the crepe myrtle trees yesterday! Thank You for the laughs over the phone with Rickey to end my day! Thank You for all the people You put in my life who continue to encourage me on this journey! Thank You for being My Heavenly Father! Amen.

No comments: