Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "I Know"


What an awesome time yesterday listening to John Maxwell and Darrel Strawberry! There were so many 'good' things to take from the time that I know I will be pondering on for weeks to come. One thing Maxwell said was when we trust on the front-end we will realize full obedience on the back end. That reminded me of Proverbs 3:5-6. When we trust in God instead of ourselves, we will realize His will for our lives. Woo hoo! I am one blessed lady in trusting in Him. He continues to be with me and bless me through the 'good' and the 'bad' days of life. This week is one of many blessings with friends. Monday I was blessed with dinner and spending the night with Ms Savon and Mr John. Tuesday I was among pastor friends at the conference. Today I am having lunch with Darlene and Homer as they travel north from Florida and tomorrow I am having lunch with Rachel and Bill as they are visiting my area. Woo hoo, God! My emotional tank is being filled! It was filled yesterday as I listened to John Maxwell speak about how we can be intentional in being unforgettable. I loved hearing the first point that we are to excel in what we do. When we allow God to stretch us out of our comfort zone into our gift zone, we will be set apart from everyone else. He said, "don't go to the next position but grow to it!" Woo hoo! The second point in this session was about excelling in who you are. There were four parts to this.

  • Find yourself
  • Be yourself
  • Improve yourself
  • Get over yourself
Maxwell said, "When you become the best of who you are, you will become the best at what you do." I want to be the best at what God puts before me. I want to be the best mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, friend, preacher, etc. The only way that will be possible is for me to stand upon Proverbs 3:5-6 every day of my life. I must trust Him and allow Him to guide me. I feel like I am living this right now as I find myself in my new role in life. I am learning to be myself in a way greater than before as I improve myself. I pray God will empower me to be humble and get over myself when the enemy tries to put thoughts into my mind. Yes! A life with Christ is a life successful no matter what the world may think. A life with Christ is rewarding in ways the world may not see. A life with Christ is where peace is found no matter what the circumstances. Woo hoo! A life with Christ is where I desire to live. As I was writing this morning the song "I Know" played. I love the strength I find in this song...

I know that You are good
I know that You are kind
I know that You are so much more
Than what I leave behind
I know that I am loved
I know that I am safe
Cause even in the fire to live is Christ, to die is gain
I know that You are good
You are good
I know

On my darkest day
From my deepest pain
Through it all, my heart, will choose to sing Your praise
On my darkest day
From my deepest pain
Through it all, my heart, will choose to sing Your praise
On my darkest day
From my deepest pain
Through it all, my heart, will choose to sing Your praise

Yes! God wants to give us His peace. He wants us to sing praises to Him no matter what is going on in life. Yesterday as I headed home and it started raining I prayed and asked God to stop the rain and He did. As my back pain intensified I asked Him to lessen the pain but He did not. God answers our prayers in different ways. Sometimes it is an immediate 'yes' or 'no' while others times we have to wait on our answer, As I fell asleep last night I prayed for relief from the pain and it is less this
morning. Praise His Holy Name! 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for my time with pastor friends this week! Thank You for loving me so much! Thank You for giving me what I needed to drive home from the conference in the pain I had! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. I pray for Luke and Ed who have surgery today to feel Your presence. I pray for my sister Linda and friend Kaye who are recuperating from major back surgery to feel Your healing touch. Thank You for the encouragement I received yesterday from Kevin Sprague! Thank You for giving Patricia and Sharon wisdom as they deal with vehicle issues! Lord, be with Homer and Darlene as they travel and give them safety. I pray for continued healing with this back pain. Thank You for improvement! Thank You for Miss Evelyn having a good birthday celebration! Thank You for Joyce for taking my Momma for bloodwork and errands! Thank You for ending my day with laughs over the phone with Rickey! I am so grateful for the way You shower me with Your love! Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.

No comments: