Monday, March 15, 2021

Matthew 11:28; Luke 1:45 - "Evidence"


Yesterday was an awesome day! When I opened my Sunday school book up, I realized the lesson went along with the sermon God gave me. The Holy Spirit goosebumps came over me and the tears started falling. What a confirmation to know God is giving us exactly what He desires for us to hear. Woo hoo! I was blessed during Sunday school and during church. I love to preach and I desire to do the best I can. I desire to live in obedience to God's will so He can use me however He so desires. I had such a blessed time with Elizabeth over brunch after church. We met a new friend who we shared God's love with and hope to see again. A time of rest, a walk outside, listening to my friend Matt as he shared praise and worship, and chatting with various friends was an awesome way to spend a Sunday. Talking and laughing with Rickey was the perfect end to a great day. Then my head hit the pillow and the worry for today started. Seeing a new oncologist brings on some apprehension. I struggled for an hour and then the Lord reminded me of a verse from our Wednesday night study that Ms Paula shared at the end of Sunday school yesterday. Matthew 11:28. Jesus desires us to come before Him so He can give us the rest we need. This is not just a physical rest but a rest in every aspect of our spirit. He desires for us to give Him the burdens before us so He can lighten them. I am so grateful for the way He encourages me through His Word, people, songs, etc. He is so, so good. I was so blessed when after the reminder of this verse I was able to fall asleep. I was so blessed when waking up in the middle of the night being able to fall back to sleep after the reminder of this verse. Matt sang a song last night that is one of my favorites. It is called Evidence and speaks volumes to me.

All throughout my history
Your faithfulness has walked beside me
The winter storms made way for spring
In every season, from where I’m standing

I see the evidence of Your goodness
All over my life
All over my life
I see Your promises in fulfillment
All over my life
All over my life

Woo hoo! Yes! God is so good! I love where He has me in my spiritual walk. I love being where I not only hear His Voice but I desire to walk in obedience to it. He is such a good, good Father. Yesterday He confirmed so many things to me and for that I am grateful. He loved on me in some mighty ways and for that I am grateful. He spoke to me and for that I am grateful. He put people before me to love on me and for that I am grateful. Plain and simple. I am one grateful lady.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for loving on me so greatly! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with more of You! Thank You for being my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout the day ahead! Thank You for going before me and keeping my focus on You! Thank You for Your Word that encourages me so greatly! I am standing on Luke 1:45 this morning as I go to see the new oncologist. Thank You for Ms Paula who shared Matthew 11:28 at the end of Sunday school yesterday! Thank You for everyone You put in my life yesterday to give me a great Sunday! Lord, I pray for: Mr Grayson with his appointment today; John Wagner who went to the ER last night; my friend Sharon Martin with pain; Terri Hall; and for all of us to find victory in our walk with You. Thank You for being My Evidence! Amen.

No comments: