Thursday, March 11, 2021

John 1:18; Matthew 11:25-30 - "Goodness of God"


Last night in Bible study we were talking about the relationship between God the Father and Jesus. One of the passages mentioned was John 1:18. I love the word picture of Jesus being in the bosom of His Father. That is where we can dwell when we choose to allow God to be our True Heavenly Father. We do not have to fear anything in life but instead can rest in Him. Matthew 11:25-30 reads in The New King James Version:

At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes.  Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

We can find rest in Him. His rest is the best kind of rest. When we follow His words, Come to me... we will receive the best rest possible. Jesus was not talking about just a physical rest. He was talking about a complete rest. A rest that takes over our whole beings. Our physical body. Our mental body. Our emotional body. Our financial body. Most of all our spiritual body will receive rest as we allow Him to take us into His bosom and love on us. Woo hoo! That is so exciting for me to think about. If I do not get enough physical rest, every aspect of my life is effected. I can become crabby, my mind does not seem to want to work right, my memory is effected...life is challenging. This morning I am thinking about spiritual rest. If I do not soak in His Word, allow Him to be in charge of my life, listen to His Voice, wait on Him for answers, etc., my spiritual life is effected in a great way. I must stay focused on God and allow Him to hold me in His bosom. If I do not, I will miss so much that He has in store for me. Once again this morning He has the words to Goodness of God going through my mind. 

And all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I'm gonna sing of the goodness of God
I'm gonna sing, I'm gonna sing
'Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I'm gonna sing of the goodness of God
Oh, I'm gonna sing of the goodness of God

Yes! He has been faithful to me! He has been good to me! I have so much to praise Him for every day of my life. I shared last night about how we are blessed every day we wake up breathing. We all can miss the blessings He gives us. We take things for granted and sometimes do not even realize the blessings before us. But when we stay focused on Him we will not only realize the blessings He showers down on us but we will live in them to the fullest of our capability. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings from yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for all the ways You love on me! Thank You for taking care of every little detail of life! Thank You for our Bible study last night! Lord, there are things on the calendar today but I pray You will not allow them to be a distraction to what You have for me. I pray You will fill me to overflowing with more of You so You will be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Thank You for the good eye doctor appointment yesterday with the news of the MS not showing in my eyes! Thank You for Cait taking me! Thank You for continuing to be with Bobbi with the loss of her dear husband Gary and Carol's family with the loss of her aunt! Lord, be with the doctors this morning with little Elijah's surgery. May You guide their hands and give them wisdom. I pray continued prayers for my sister Linda with her recuperation from surgery. May she rest in You like she never has before. May we all rest in You as we allow You to be in control over every aspect of life. I pray for June's great nephew to realize Your rest as he goes through these difficult days. I pray there will be someone to say or do something to make a godly difference in his life. I pray for Terri to have a good day in You. Thank You for Paula having better days! Thank You for being My Rest! Amen.



No comments: