Thursday, March 4, 2021

Psalm 139:3-4; Philippians 4:13; II Timothy 1:7 - "I Am Not Alone"

Woo hoo! I am one blessed lady! I am so thankful for the way God encourages me through His Word, songs, people, etc. In Elaine's book study earlier in the week we were asked what lies the enemy was trying to put on us. The lie I have stood up against since Doc's passing six months ago is I can't do life alone. As I did the study, I realized I have been heavily standing on Philippians 4:13 these last few months. The result is that I am not doing life alone but in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. I claimed and proclaimed these truths:

  • I am physically strong as I continue to walk daily, meeting my step goal most days.
  • I am emotionally strong as I had a great Sunday afternoon/evening the last few weeks. This has been my hardest time of the week over the last six months.
  • I am mentally strong as the Holy Spirit continues to empower me with clear thinking with sermons, the building, etc.
  • I am financially strong as all my bills are paid.
  • I am spiritually strong as I enjoy this time of restoration God is providing.
Lysa Terkeurst wrote a devotion about how the enemy tries to put lies on us. He tries to find our 'weak' spots and when he does he pounces on them. He tries to tear us down by using people to say and/or do things to hurt us. We must stay strong in the knowledge of God's Word. Psalm 139:14 is a perfect example of a verse to remember when the enemy comes knocking. Another verse is II Timothy 1:7. God did not give me, Sheila, a spirit that makes me afraid. He gives me a spirit of power, love, and self-control. Woo hoo! When I combine these two verses, they read:

I praise you and know full well God has fearfully and wonderfully made me to be empowered by the Holy Spirit to stand in His power, love, and self-control.

Woo hoo! I do not have to listen to the lies the enemy tries to put on me. I do not have to allow the enemy an open door into my life. I do not have to walk in the ways of the enemy but need to stay walking in God's will. Woo hoo! Elaine reminded us Monday of Jeremiah 31:3. It reads in the New Living TranslationLong ago the Lord said to Israel: “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love.  With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself." He continued in verse four: I will rebuild you, my virgin Israel. You will again be happy and dance merrily with your tambourines. Woo hoo! These words give hope for restoration in the people of Israel many years ago and for us today. God has been restoring my life. He is building me back up in areas I was struggling. He is loving me so my eyes will be open to what He has in store for me. I am so excited for this new stage in my life. I know as long as I continue to focus on Him He will guide me where I am to go. He will give me exactly what I need and will show me what to do to glorify Him. I am His masterpiece put on this earth to promote His love to all I meet. Woo hoo! I am special. I am loved. I am never alone. God is always with me. I will remember these things especially when the enemy comes knocking at my door. 

When I walk through deep waters
I know that You will be with me
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome
Through the valley of the shadow
I will not fear

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You love and encourage me! Thank You for another great Wednesday night group! Thank You for putting Elaine in my life! Thank You for the reminders this morning that I am special..I am loved..I am not alone! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me! May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. May You be glorified through me. I pray for clarity in my thinking as I meet with the General Contractor today and as we work on Sunday's sermon. I also pray for many who are going through difficult days: Jenn with the death of her cousin; Elizabeth; Joe with his health issues; Dave as he was discharged from the hospital; Nicole as she went through medical testing; many widows and widowers who are feeling alone; and many others. I praise You for Donna having a good doctor appointment. Thank You for another day of surpassing my step goal and for Owen doing well! Thank You for my time with Amy yesterday and for finishing out my day laughing with Rickey! Lord, I don't know what is ahead in this day but I know You are with me. I Am Not Alone! Woo hoo! Thank You for restoration in my life! Thank You for the strength I am experiencing compared to where I was six months ago when Doc left this earth! Thank You for all the people You put in path who encourage me so greatly! Thank You for being My Creator! Amen.
4

No comments: