Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Luke 1:45 - "Love Can Turn The World Around"

Wow! God is so, so good! He blesses me in abundance every day. I am so thankful for the beauty of His creation I am seeing every day with the flowers, sunshine, trees blooming, etc. When I was walking behind the hospital yesterday, a beautiful butterfly was flying around. Seeing it reminded me of how God is using the butterfly to encourage me. A few months ago I saw a vintage butterfly in my favorite store downtown. I wanted to buy it but knew I didn't 'need' it so I walked away from it. Within a week of seeing it, I opened a gift from my friend Amy and tears fell when I saw it was the same butterfly I wanted just a few days before. She had no idea I had even looked at it yet alone that I wanted it. That was definitely a God thing. Fast forward a few months and I receive a note from my friend Patricia that read: "You remind me of a butterfly that was in a cocoon like me but now you are coming out of it & spreading those beautiful wings flying as high as you want to go." Patricia and I have a lot in common with us both being pastors and widows. We encourage one another and recently found out we can talk forever when given the time. I so enjoyed my time with her at Myrtle Beach in January. That was another blessing from God that I will always treasure. Another treasure came yesterday in the form of something I read on Facebook that once again made me think of the butterfly. 

Praise His Holy Name! God can and will do anything in our lives when we allow Him. He will take the 'tough' times in life and bring about joy in our spirits. This time of restoration in my spirit is one that is so exciting. It is exciting to wonder what God is going to do in my life as He 'wakes' me up. He is bringing out my creative side in ways that have been dormant. He is sparking hope in my spirit that also had been dormant. The butterfly represents to me new life. A butterfly comes out of an ugly cocoon and spreads it wings to fly as a beautiful creation of Christ. I can relate to a butterfly in so many ways where I am in life. I grieved Doc's death months before he died. I mourned and cried ugly tears knowing he not only was suffering so much on this earth but he also was going to leave. I am blessed with the analogy of him leaving the ugliness of cancer and receiving a new body in heaven. I am blessed with the way God continues to encourage me. I am blessed with the restoration in every aspect of my life. I am blessed with the way God is bringing back to life things that had been dormant. Plain and simple. I am blessed. God has and always will be with me. The promise found in Luke 1:45 is one I am standing on today and every day I am on this earth. In The Passion Translation Elizabeth's words to Mary read: "Great favor rests upon you, for you have believed  every word spoken to you from the Lord.” I desire God's great favor. I know the way to receive it is to live in His presence, stay focused on Him, and allow Him to restore my life. I was reminded last night of these words to a song by the Gaither's called "Love Can Turn the World"...

If coal can turn to diamonds
And sand can turn to pearls
If a worm can turn into a butterfly
Then love can turn the world
Oh, love can turn the world

Once again, I go back to the sermon series God gave me for February. "God Luvs For Us To Luv With His Luv"...woo hoo! God's love is what changes our lives. His love will ooze out of us as we allow Him. If He can transform an 'ugly' cocoon into a beautiful butterfly, He can transform the hurts of my heart into beauty which is exactly what He is doing. Woo hoo!cDear Jesus, Thank You for the reminder of You taking the ugliness of life and transforming the ugliness into beauty! Thank You for people You put before me that encourage me greatly! Amy Ferreira, Patricia Davis, and Joyce Wolf are such blessings to me! I was blessed last night with the memory of how Rebecca took care of me when I couldn't take care of myself. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, thoughts, attitude, and actions today in a new, different way. Lord, may I please You in all I do. I pray for many who are dealing with physical issues in their life. John Wagner; Linda Kerns; Sharon Martin; Vance and Laurie; Steve McHenry; and so many more. I pray especially for ones on my prayer list with spiritual needs. May we all get to the end of ourselves and allow You to be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of our life as we stay focused on You. Thank You Jesus fo being My Transformer! Amen.

No comments: