Friday, March 12, 2021

Jeremiah 29:11-13; II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:13; Proverbs 3:5-6 - "I Am Not Alone"

Spring was Doc's favorite time of the year with the trees budding, flowers starting to bloom, warmer weather happening, etc. When we moved to South Carolina, he was so much happier with the weather than in Ohio. We laughed about how it took us so long to get here. I find it appropriate he was born in the spring since he loved it so much. Last year on this day I remember praying he would feel up to going out to enjoy God's creation to celebrate his birthday. Before 'c' he would drive and I would enjoy taking pictures. After 'c' I was the driver and he would enjoy the rides. I wish I could remember what we did for his last birthday but the memory is just not there. I looked back through pictures but none were taken which probably means he was having a 'tough' day. I do know one thing. No matter what the day held we believed God was in charge. We also were believing in His Word. There were a few Scriptures we stood on in the battle with 'c' that were instrumental in getting us through all of the days, whether 'good' or 'bad.' II Timothy 1:7 and Philippians 4:13 were two of them. Proverbs 3:5-6 was another one. Jeremiah 29:11-14 reads in the New King James Version:

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive.
When the people were brought out of exile, God's purpose was revealed to them. He knows what is best for all of us. He has a purpose for all of us and what happens in our life. He never has doubts as we as humans can have. He never is uncertain because His plans are best. The cancer in Doc's pancreas was a surprise to us but not to God. I will never understand why people have to deal with such things but I do know our faith was stretched and we were taken deeper in our walk with Him through it. I am grateful Doc is no longer on this earth suffering with 'c.' I am grateful God continues to provide exactly what I need every day. I am grateful He is restoring me after all that has happened in life. I am grateful for the knowledge that no matter what happens, He is in control. I am grateful for the promises of His Word. He is always with me and for that I am so, so grateful. I Am Not Alone is going through my mind this morning as the tears fall. What a blessing to have people in my life who love on me so greatly. This picture of Doc was taken not long before he had the stroke. Sissy and Gavin loved spending time with him no matter if it were just for a few minutes like this particular evening was. The other day Sissy and I were walking and she told me how much she missed Doc and she didn't understand why God took him to heaven. Those conversations are hard but yet they give an open door to healing in my spirit. I am so grateful for the ways God uses even the little ones to help me through 'tough' days. 

In the midst of deep sorrow
I see Your light is breaking through
The dark of night will not overtake me
I am pressing into You
Lord, You fight my every battle
And I will not fear

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me
I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for another day of life! Thank You for the opportunities to love on people yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for Doc being with You instead of suffering on this earth! Thank You for comforting and encouraging all who think about him today with it being his earthly birthday! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way today. When the memories come, may they be healing. When the tears come, may they be healing. Lord, I stand upon many promises of Your Word but especially Jeremiah 29:11-13. You revealed to the people the desire of Your heart as You brought them out of exile. I am so grateful You are doing the same for me as You restore my life. I pray I become stronger in every aspect of life through this process. Physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. Thank You Jesus for being My Constant Companion! Amen.

No comments: