Monday, March 8, 2021

Psalm 100 - "Keep Me In The Moment"

 


God took me to Psalm 100 this morning. I love reading His Word in different versions. This Psalm reads in The Message:

On your feet now—applaud God!
Bring a gift of laughter,
sing yourselves into his presence.
 

Know this: God is God, and God, God.

He made us; we didn’t make him.

We’re his people, his well-tended sheep.

Enter with the password: “Thank you!”

Make yourselves at home, talking praise.

Thank him. Worship him.

For God is sheer beauty,

all-generous in love,

loyal always and ever.

There are some key words in version. Gift of laughter. His presence. "Thank you!" Talk praise...thank Him...worship Him. I love to laugh and definitely see laughter as a gift from God. Just in the last few months I have been blessed to regularly laugh again. The quote "laughter is the best medicine" is not Scripture but does come from Proverbs 17:22. Laughing lightens the soul. It gives a new perspective on life. It is definitely a gift from God. I am so thankful for Him putting Rickey in my life who makes me laugh. I also am grateful for Scripture like Psalm 100 that cements the concept of living in God's presence. I am thankful flor the reminder to praise Him, thank Him, and worship Him. Today begins a new week. It is a week where the calendar has many things on it. They are all 'good' things but they are still things to be accomplished. I will be intentional to not allow anything on a calendar to make me miss something God desires me to do. I will be intentional to stay focused on living in His presence so I do not miss one opportunity He has for me. I will be intentional to have open ears, open eyes, and an open heart to Him. Plain and simple. I will be intentional. Woo hoo! I do not want to miss one thing He desires of me. I want to be His sheep that follow Him. I desire to live in His love so I can share His love. I love the description of Him in the end of this Psalm. For God is sheer beauty, all-generous in love, loyal always and ever. Praise His Holy Name! This morning a song Jeremy Camp sings called Keep Me In The Moment is running through my head...

When I wake up in the morning, Lord touch my heart
Don't let me stray, I just wanna stay where You are
All I got is one shot, one try, one go around in this beautiful life
Nothing is wasted when everything's placed in Your hands

Singing, oh Lord keep me in the moment
Help me live with my eyes wide open
'Cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)
Singing, oh Lord show me what matters
Throw away what I'm chasing after, 'cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)
Keep me in the moment, oh keep me in the moment (Keep me in the moment)
Keep me in the moment, 'cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You showered me yesterday from start to finish with so many blessings! Thank You for putting people in my life who bless me! Thank You for the way You spoke through me yesterday as I presented the sermon You gave me! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a new, different way today. May You shine brightly through me as I strive to love with Your love. May You be greater than anything that comes my way today. Lord, as I look at this week's schedule it is a bit intimidating but I know You will be with me every step of the way, guiding me. I praise You for opportunities to gain wisdom through on-line classes, webinars, etc. I praise You for opportunities to meet new people and to spend time with friends. I praise You for friends like Chris and Bubba who helped yesterday to pick up items for the church sale. May You continue to bless their family in abundance. I praise You for giving me exactly what I need today to not just get through the day ahead but to glorify You through every aspect of life. Thank You Jesus for being My Shepherd! Amen.

No comments: