Friday, March 26, 2021

Psalm 91 - "I Am Not Alone"

Psalm 91 was brought before me last night at a time when the tears were right on the surface. I was tired, frustrated, hurting, etc. The Lord is so good at reminding us we are not alone at any point in time. Yesterday as I waited for the inspector I prayed and tried to keep myself 'busy' throughout the day. I read Scripture, worked on sermons, prayed, and prayed some more. Collins told me I was praying 'wrong' and needed to pray for a different inspector than the first one. He must have been praying the 'right' way because the one who came was a different one and they knew one another. As I watched her measure and check things out I kept praying for favor. I believe we received favor but if the first one is the one to come back we may be back to square one. That thought is frustrating! Why does being a pastor have to include building projects? I don't think I was ever taught anything in college about such things. Psalm 91 begins in The Passion Translation with these words:

When you abide under the shadow of Shaddai,
    you are hidden in the strength of God Most High.
He’s the hope that holds me and the stronghold to shelter me,
    the only God for me, and my great confidence.

He is my Hope! He is my Confidence! He is where I hide in times like yesterday. After I left the building I went to the waterfront to walk and relax. I needed to feel the sunshine on my face and the Son shine down upon me. I felt like I was falling apart emotionally and unfortunately going there may not have been the best thing. Seeing couples swing, kiss, walk hand-in-hand, etc. made me want to cry more. I did not leave but instead faced the way I was feeling. When I got home, I took a walk in the neighborhood to continue to decompress from the day. I am so thankful God brought Psalm 91 before me last night and again this morning because I needed the reminders from it. I am thankful for the Kari Jobe's song "I Am Not Alone" that also reminds He is with me.

You're my strength
You're my defender
You're my refuge in the storm
Through these trials
You've always been faithful
You bring healing to my soul

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Psalm 91 and this song that encourage me greatly! Thank You for my friends Jenn and Angela who encouraged me this morning and are praying for me! Lord, I don't want to feel like I'm falling apart. I don't want to cry at the drop of a hat. I don't want to feel so alone. Thank You for bringing to me that it's not about what 'I' want but needs to be about what You desire for me! Lord, I was thinking about the cocoon where the butterfly is safe but then when it comes out and starts to fly there are obstacles before it. May You be greater than the obstacles in my life. May You be greater than building inspections. May You be greater than anything that comes my way today. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May Your Spirit ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a great way. I continue to pray for: Linda, Kaye, and Mary with recuperation from back procedures. May they feel Your peace today in a mighty way. Thank You for Rickey's call last night that encouraged me greatly! Thank You Jesus for being My Hope and My Confidence! Amen.

No comments: