Saturday, March 20, 2021

Isaiah 29:13 - "Truth Be Told"


Oh my! Four hours is not enough sleep for anyone. Last night was one of 'those' nights where I could not go to sleep. I thought I was ready around ten but then for the next five hours it was tossing and turning. I decided maybe if I read I would get drowsy but that did not work. I thought about conversations I had with different ones throughout the day and prayed for many. I am grateful for the way God helped me to accomplish some things yesterday with some cleaning, I started crocheting one of the baby blankets I want to make, doing some things on the computer, surpassing my step goal, and most of all He gave me an opportunity I had prayed for yesterday morning. I prayed even though I may not see anyone in person that He would use me as His wiling servant. Yesterday afternoon I had KLOVE playing when the pest control man came. He asked me what the name of the song was that was playing. I do not always know info about songs but God provided. I said, "Truth Be Told" by Matthew West. While he continued on with spraying I heard him humming with the music. When he was finished, I asked if him and his family have a church home and he said they did not. I gave him one of my business cards and explained our church situation. He said they live in the neighborhood and he passes the building every day when he goes to work! Woo hoo, God! I don't know if anything will come from yesterday or not but I was grateful God gave me the opportunity with this man. I was also grateful God gave me the opportunity to pray throughout the day for a dear friend who had intense back surgery and for her family who could not be at the hospital due to COVID restrictions. I was grateful for a call with one who was struggling emotionally due to physical issues. God used me throughout the day in some mighty ways. He revealed to me some things to share with a friend going through a difficult time. I think back to the words to this song...

Lie number one: You're supposed to have it all together
And when they ask how you're doin', just smile and tell them, "Never better"
Lie number two: Everybody's life is perfect except yours
So keep your messes and your wounds and your secrets safe with you behind closed doors

But truth be told
The truth is rarely told, no...

I say, "I'm fine, yeah, I'm fine, oh, I'm fine, hey, I'm fine"
But I'm not, I'm broken
And when it's out of control I say it's under control
But it's not and You know it
I don't know why it's so hard to admit it
When bein' honest is the only way to fix it
There's no failure, no fall
There's no sin You don't already know
So let the truth be told

We never know what others are dealing with in life unless they open up to us. I have always been blessed with people sharing with me what is going on in their life. The hurts and the joys of their heart. God put me on this earth for the purpose to LUV with His LUV. I remember a few years back where I was guilty of saying I was fine when I felt like I was falling apart. God revealed to me not only was I lying to myself and others but I also was blocking others the opportunity to love on me through Him. That conversation with God changed my life. I no longer say "I'm fine" unless I truly am. There are people in this world who see others going through tough times and automatically think the worst. They do not understand how people can go through the storms of life with a smile on their face. I remember years ago going to the funeral of a friend's sister who had suffered greatly with cancer. When my friend walked out after the service, there was a smile on her face. I thought it was fake. I did not understand how she could be smiling after losing her sister/best friend. I was judgmental. Shame on me. I now truly understand how you can be happy in such a circumstance. It comes through the love and empowerment of the Holy Spirit. We do not have to pretend life is perfect because that is not possible on this earth. We do not have to pretend we have everything figured out. Instead we need to allow God to direct us to where He desires us to be. We do not have to fake happiness when we live with the Lord in our heart. There will still be painful experiences in life but it is through them that we grow in our spiritual walk. Matthew Henry wrote of Isaiah 29:13:

To worship God, is to approach him. And if the heart be full of his love and fear, out of the abundance of it the mouth will speak; but there are many whose religion is lip-labour only. When they pretend to be speaking to God, they are thinking of a thousand foolish things. They worship the God of Israel according to their own devices. 

We must be truthful with ourselves, with others, and especially with God. We must allow Him to pour Himself into us so we can not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to Him. We must never say we our 'fine' when we are not. There are times when we feel like we can't explain what is going on in life. Sometimes it is a good thing to not share with someone who is truly not in our life for the right reason. God is always with us. He always wants us to share the hurts and the joys of our heart. He needs to be the first one we go to instead of picking up the phone and calling a friend. Many times when we talk things out with Him our perspective will be adjusted and we will see our circumstance through His eyes.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunity to share with the pest control man yesterday! I pray something I said or the music he heard will make a difference in his life. Thank You for the opportunities to encourage many and pray for/with different ones yesterday! Thank You for the accomplishments of the day! Lord, I don't know how I will function on four hours of sleep today but I know You already have the day taken care of and I praise You for that knowledge. Cleanse me so You can fill me so I do not miss any opportunity to share Your LUV with anyone You put in my path. May You ooze out of my words, thoughts, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Lord, I continue to pray for so many going through 'storms' of life. Some have great physical needs. Some have great emotional, mental, and financial needs. I pray for all to have spiritual needs met most of all. I pray Your peace over: Linda Kerns; Kaye Dorsey; Sharon Martin; Joe Miles; my friend seeking wisdom for a decision; Alison as she seeks the home You desire for her; Pete and Delores; Steve; Elizabeth; and so many others going through 'storms' of life. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. May You empower all to allow You to be the One in charge. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Listen! Amen.

No comments: