Saturday, March 13, 2021

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 - "Save A Place For Me"

 

Last night was one of those nights where I wonder why I even went to bed. There was just so much on my mind. So many people hurting. So many people asking the question 'why?' Soon after midnight I realized it was my sister Mary's birthday which meant it would also have been my sister Naomi's birthday had her husband not killed her. I often think about Naomi and wonder what life would have been like if she were alive. Ecclesiastes 3 tells us there is a time for everything...a time to be born and a time to die. Why do some die sooner than others? Why do loved ones get taken from us in tragic instances such as murder, accidents, etc? Yesterday was filled with people experiencing grief for loved ones who had passed on at young ages. I prayed for: Rickki and her family with Jeremy's death; Cindy and her family with their grandson's death; and Leslie and her family with Eddie's death. During the night I pondered upon Naomi's death. Sometimes I think God protects people from things that will happen so He takes them home. My heart hurts for those who lose loved ones at any age but especially for those who are young. It hurts for those who have sudden deaths and for those who watch their loved one leave them over the course of weeks, months, or years. The only thing we can do when faced with such things is draw nearer to God. We must remember this is not our home. We are only passing through. Matthew West sings a song called Save A Place For Me that is touching.

I have asked the questions why
But I guess the answer's for another time
So instead I'll pray with every tear
And be thankful for the time I had You here

So You just save a place for me, save a place for me
I'll be there soon, I'll be there soon
Save a place for me, save some grace for me
I'll be there soon, I'll be there

I wanna live my life just like You did
And make the most of my time just like You did
And I wanna make my home up in the sky
Just like You did, oh, but until I get there
Until I get there

I am grateful for the knowledge of loved ones in heaven. I am grateful for the knowledge if I were to die today I would go to heaven. I am grateful for the knowledge God has me in this season of life for a reason. Plain and simple. I am grateful. In Ecclesiastes 3 it reads: ...a time to tear down and a time to build... I praise His Holy Name my Heavenly Daddy is in the restoration business in my life. He is building me back up after going through being torn down from the cancer in Doc's body. He continues to put people in my life who love on me greatly. He gives me exactly what I need, when I need it. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the way You were so very real to me yesterday! Thank You for the way You loved on me so greatly through people checking on me, Amy spending time with me, giving me many to pray for who were going through a tough day, and ending the day laughing with Rickey over the phone! You are so, so good! I pray for opportunities today to love with Your love but I know before that can happen You must cleanse me so You can fill me. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout this day. May You shine brightly through me today. Once again, I pray for those who are hurting. Rickki and her family; Leslie Huber and her family; Cindy and her family; my own family as we think of Naomi today; Bobbi as they have Gary's celebration of life service today; and so many others. I pray for You to be greater than the hurts of this world. Thank You for the beautiful weather You are providing! Thank You for beautiful relationships You are putting in my life! Thank You for my phone call from my sister Linda yesterday and the way You are going to be with my cousin Cindy as she is in the hospital! Thank You for being My Heavenly Daddy! Amen.

No comments: