Friday, October 5, 2018

Various Scripture from John - "What A Beautiful Name

The Lord woke me up this morning to these words from "What a Beautiful Name"...


You have no rival
You have no equal
Now and forever God You reign
Yours is the kingdom
Yours is the glory
Yours is the Name above all names

The enemy tries like crazy to tear believers down but these words are what I stand on to fight him. All we have to do is say His name when we are struggling and there will be peace. There was nothing to do when my laptop died other than pray and ask the Lord for His will. Sometimes His will is not what we like but when you pray for His will then you accept it and know He will take care of every detail. Getting the call yesterday that my laptop was indeed dead could have been very traumatic but it wasn't and I praise His Holy Name for that. 
I praise Him... 
  • for giving peace in the midst of this storm. 
  • for the wisdom He gave me on asking Doc about the hard drives being swapped out and for the wisdom He gave Doc to do it. 
  • for my hard drive not being corrupted when the motherboard went out on mine. 
  • for the time of prayer I had during the night. 
  • for helping me get back to sleep after being awake for two hours.
  • that He has "no rival" or "no equal" in my life. 
When the enemy comes knocking, "the Name above all names" is there to knock him down. I had a very nasty dream last night that woke me up feeling like it really happened. I prayed and asked God if I were to share it with those involved as a warning. The dream brought back a lot of bad memories of something I experienced multiple times as a child. I do not want any child to go through such nastiness. Unfortunately, I know there are many who do every day. I prayed for God to protect children from having such an experience. As I prayed, I thought about how we need to pray in the Name of Jesus. He gave His disciples that direction in many verses:
  • John 14:13 – And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
  • John 14:14 – If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
  • John 15:16 – Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
  • John 16:23 – And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
  • John 16:24 – Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
  • John 16:26 – At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you.
There is no better name than Jesus. There is so much power in His name. When we are in tough situations, just saying 'Jesus' will give peace. Sometimes words are not there yet His name will never leave us.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the blessings You have poured out on me. Thank You for the new friends I met yesterday. I pray You will be with them in a mighty way as they make their transition with their move. I also pray You will show me ways to help them in their transition. I pray You will also show me ways to be a good neighbor to all those in my little neighborhood. Lord, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so I do not miss any opportunity You put before me. You are so good in loving me with people to love on! Father, I continue to pray for my sermon for Sunday. May You bring people who need to hear what You have put on my heart. It seems the enemy does not want this one heard but I know You have other plans...woo hoo! Thank You Jesus for being The Name I Call Upon. Amen.


No comments: