Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Nehemiah 8:10b - "joy"


Last night was so awesome with the children! God is so good! It was the second week for four new children. Last week was different because we kept the two age groups together to make cards for children and teens in North Carolina who are still dealing with the devastation of Hurricane Florence. Last night we separated into the two age groups for our lessons. As I began teaching about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego we talked about fear. I asked them if they thought the three men were afraid. I explained they had Jesus in their heart so they knew even if God let them die they would still 'win' so to speak. Their response to King Nebuchadnezzar was priceless!

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego answered and said to the king, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. 17 If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. 18 But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up.” Daniel 3:16-18 NKJV

I love their response! They had faith that God would take care of them. Even if it meant death on this earth, they still knew He would take care of them in eternity. Woo hoo! We do not have anything to fear with death when we are believers. It is hard to see our loved ones die but when we know where they are going it makes it easier. As we went around the table telling what we are afraid of, one boy said he was afraid of going to hell. I explained that we need to repent of our sins, ask Jesus into our heart, and live for Him and then we will know we are going to heaven and not hell. I explained repenting of our sins is something we need to do every day to make sure we are pure before the Lord. He asked how to do that and before I could get all the words out of my mouth he bowed his head and prayed the prayer of salvation. Woo hoo! THIS is what life is all about. THIS is why God gives me the strength for Tuesdays. THIS fulfills the reason I am where I am. In the last three months, two children have given their hearts to the Lord in our Tuesday night group along with three teens from our Tuesday night group accepting Him in a Sunday morning church service. Five souls saved through the work of the Holy Spirit. THIS is the encouragement we need to keep on keepin' on when things continue to drag with the church building. God is so good! He loves all of us so much and desires for us to be sharing Him with all we meet. Last night after this boy prayed the prayer his next words were so hard to hear yet gave me such joy. "Now I will see my Daddy again!" with a smile on his face. When I asked him what he meant, he explained his Daddy died at the age of twenty-one from cancer and had already gone to heaven. Oh my! Another brother and sister (of the new ones) said their Daddy died in a car crash. I immediately threw up a prayer for God to give me the right words to love on these children in the way they most needed. During the evening another little girl came up to me, hugged me and said, "You're the best!" Needless to say, my heart was overflowing by the end of the evening. Doc said on the way home the kids were telling him about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and couldn't believe he knew the story! LOL. We may get discouraged from time to time but last night filled our tanks. It is times like this that make us know we are where we are suppose to be and doing what God has called us to do. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings from yesterday. Thank You for the opportunities to share Your love with others. Thank You for way You gave me physical strength for yesterday. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me today. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. May You shine brightly through me today. May people hear/see You instead of me. Father, go before me and pave the way for open doors to be You to others. Lord, I pray for Ja'vonte to remember the prayer he said last night. Give me open doors to teach him more. Continue to bless our efforts in our little world in a mighty way. Thank You Jesus for being My Joy. Amen.

No comments: