Saturday, October 6, 2018

John 14:27 - "Home"




These words are on my heart this morning as I continue to pray for Peggy and her family...

I'm goin'
Home
Where the streets are golden
Every chain is broken
Oh I wanna go
Oh I wanna go
Home
Where every fear is gone
I'm in Your open arms
Where I belong
Home


Mike is no longer suffering here on earth but instead is rejoicing with a new body in heaven.  When we think about that, we can be thankful. But how do we get through the days here on earth without a loved one when they have gone before us? It takes leaning on the Lord's strength every minute of every day. This means being in His word, staying in communication with Him, surrounding ourselves with people who do the same, and remembering we will see our loved one again as we live for the Lord. I do not know how people get through life without the Lord. It would be so hard to lose a loved one who was not in relationship with Him. Once again, God would have to be the strength we depended upon every step of the way. No matter what we are going through, His peace is perfect. He wants us to climb up into His lap and allow Him to take care of us.The desire of His heart is for us to lean into Him so greatly that we will feel one with Him. I continue to pray for all of Mike's family as they go through these tough days to realize God's presence in a mighty way. I pray they will seek more of Him so they will receive more of His strength and love. The precious memories they have of Mike can be comforting but what will be the greatest soothing balm is the love of Jesus. John's words of comfort to His disciples in John 14 are words of comfort to all as they go through days of mourning.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving on us in such a great way when we go through tough days such as the death of a loved one. Thank You for being with Peggy and her family during these days. Father, be their Peace in the midst of this storm. Lord, I pray for there to be people who will be You to them. Oh how I wish I were there to love on them but I know You have put me here. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. May they feel Your love through my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. I pray for Your strength and empowerment to do whatever You put before me. Lord, You are so awesome in the way You work in and through me. May I never let You down. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace. Amen.

No comments: