Sunday, October 21, 2018

Jeremiah 29:11 - "Walk By Faith"



Before going to bed last night I prayed for pastors who would be in the pulpit this morning. I asked God to bless them in abundance with what He had laid on their hearts. He had me pray for those who are discouraged in their ministry to know He is there for them. During the night the Lord woke me to pray for one specific pastor who I have been praying for that wants to move from their current church. I have been praying for open doors for him and for him to not only hear but to listen to the Lord with this decision. Last night the Lord brought the song that was in my mind all day yesterday into my mind...

Would I believe you when you would say 
Your hand will guide my every way 
Will I receive the words You say 
Every moment of every day 

Well I will walk by faith 
Even when I cannot see 
Well because this broken road 
Prepares Your will for me 

He told me this pastor needs to allow Him control of the situation and to wait on His time. He also gave me Jeremiah 29:11 to share with this pastor. In my humanness I thought, "Now that's silly because every believer knows this verse. He is going to think I am crazy." The Lord reassured me it would be fine. I usually like to include a few verses after eleven when sharing it but the Lord was adamant I was to only share verse eleven so that is what I will do. I have not talked to this pastor for a few weeks so I don't know where he is in the process of moving but the Lord does. There is a reason he was in my prayers during the night. Once again, I don't know why but the Lord does. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You use me to pray for pastors on Saturday nights. Thank You for the way You give me strength for Sundays after less sleep on this nights. Father, You are so awesome in all of the ways You bless me. Last night receiving things from 'home' blessed my heart in abundance! I miss my Momma and family so much. This is the longest I've been away from them and there is no trip in sight. Please continue to encourage my heart. I also pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for You to shine brightly through me. Once again, I pray for this pastor who I prayed for all night. Thank You Jesus for being My Encourager. Amen.



No comments: