Monday, October 22, 2018

Hebrews 13:1-5 - "Tunnel"


I was so blessed yesterday as the people had readings to show their appreciation for us. The thing that kept coming to my mind was how they show their appreciation to us throughout the year. They support us in every aspect as we do life together. We are a family and for that I am grateful. As in all families, there are ups and downs but we always love one another. There are times of pains with medical issues, deaths, etc. but there are also great days of joy such as spiritual advancements, births, etc. I feel so blessed for being where God has lead us. I miss my family and friends in Ohio so much and am grateful for visits from different ones from time to time. I am praying my Momma gets to come back down so we can do life together again. I also am praying the boys and their families have an opportunity to come down so they can see where we live. I pray God will continue to bless me as I do life for and through Him in my little world. It is hard to believe we have only lived here a little over two years. In so many ways it seems like it has been a lot longer than that. So many blessings have occurred since our move. The constant has been the Lord's strength and encouragement. He has never left me. Throughout the hurricanes, breast cancer diagnosis, death of family and friends back 'home,' etc. He has been my Constant. I am feeling a little weepy this morning for some reason. Some of the tears are hurting ones with a longing in my heart for so many things while others are joyful ones for the same reason. My heart aches for so many people who are not walking with the Lord in the way He desires. Some have never experienced Him while others have but have turned away. It also aches for some relationships that need reconciliation to happen. It hurts for more of a closeness that has left in some of my own relationships. Miles have separated me from people but that does not mean my love for them has lessened. Oh how I need His love, encouragement, comfort, and wisdom today. Sometimes these emotions He gave us are the hardest things to deal with but I will lean on Him heavily to get me through them. This morning the Lord reminded me of these words from Third Day's song "Tunnel"...

There's a light at the end of this tunnel 
There's a light at the end of this tunnel 
For you, for you 

I know this but I just needed reminded of it! Praise His Holy Name for all the ways He encourages me! The first five verses of Hebrews tells us how we are to morally conduct ourselves. In verse five it reads, "Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." The apostle Paul learned to be content no matter what his situation. I strive to live in the same manner. Sometimes it is just hard to be miles from those you love. I have to trust and believe the Lord will get me through tough days. He has seen me through some tough things already in my life and I know He will continue to do so. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace. Thank You for the way You never leave me but instead encourage me. Thank You for the knowledge I have that there is "a light at the end of this tunnel" and You will see me through the tough days. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. Encourage me with more of Yourself today. Heal my hurting heart and the hurting hearts of others. Thank You Jesus for being My Constant. Amen.

No comments: