Saturday, October 20, 2018

II Corinthians 5:1-10 - "Walk By Faith"


Every time I was awake during the night I had these words going through my head...

Well I will walk by faith 
Even when I cannot see 
Well because this broken road 
Prepares Your will for me 

Yes! This is exactly how I must walk. There are a few situations I am going through that I can't begin to imagine the outcome of. But I do know God is in control and He knows the outcome as I walk in His will. The free choice He gives us can change outcomes. If we choose to make decisions not of His will, the enemy will get a wedge in between us. That is what the enemy loves. His favorite thing to do in life is to cause division. This happens between us and doing God's will every chance the enemy has to play havoc. He puts division in relationships whenever possible. There is nothing better to him than pulling someone away from God. That is why he fights us so much as we walk in God's will. But as I have said before, my God is greater than anything the enemy throws my way! I think of Paul's words in II Corinthians 5. Oh how I long to be out of the mess of this world and spending time at home with Jesus. I know my time has not come to leave here because there are many people who need to experience His love. God uses me every day to love on others in a way no one else does. I am grateful for every opportunity put before me. There are times I get tired and feel like I can't go on but He is always there to lift me up. I will continue to walk the path He sets before me. I also will do it with a faith that digs in deeper as He presents opportunities before me. I do not have to know the ending of my little situations because I know the ending of THE story.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of the importance of walking by faith on this road of life. Thank You for Your love that encourages me through everything that comes my way on a daily basis. Thank You for this day that is ahead. May You cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You instead of me. May You be greater than me in every moment. I pray for traveling mercies for my friends who are coming to visit; comfort for my friends who have lost loved ones including their four-legged fur babies; those going through medical treatments; those with family issues; and most of all those who need to find You as not only their Savior but their Lord of Lords. Thank You Jesus for being My Faith Builder. Amen.


No comments: