Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Isaiah 61 - "He Will"

The words to a song Ellie Holcomb sings is on my heart this morning. There are so many people who need to realize the comfort of these words today. 

Whether I'm in want or plenty
Whether I'm in health or ill
Our God promises His children
He will, He will

He'll bind up the brokenhearted
Oh He will, oh He will
He'll set captives free from darkness
Oh He will, oh He will
He'll breathe hope into the hopeless
Help a restless soul be still
Oh-ohh, oh-ohh
He will, He will

In the middle of the night Doc's phone went off with the alarm of bombs being set off in Israel. I don't know where they went off but I started praying for our friends there along with others who may be effected. I cannot fathom living under such stress. After a half hour of praying the Lord let me go back to sleep. This morning the first thing I started doing was praying for Billie, Dale, Roberta, and Little Richie as they deal with their chemo treatments. Those are 'bombs' of a different sort in their life yet just as stressful. Oh how I pray they will hold onto the fact that "He Will" be there for them at all time. "He Will" be their Healer, their Encourager, and their Comforter. In Isaiah 61 we are told God will make us "Oaks of Righteousness" as we stand firm in our faith. Matthew Henry writes: 

"Those who have the Lord for their portion, have reason to say, that they have worthy portion, and to rejoice in it. In the fulness of heaven's joys we shall receive more than double for all our services and sufferings." 

"He Will" be all things to those who believe in Him. Sometimes when going through times of suffering in our physical body we need to have people fill up our emotional and spiritual tanks. I am praying today for "Oaks of Righteousness" to be Billie, Dale, Roberta, and Little Richie's strength. I am praying their tanks will be filled by those around them. I also am praying for Shahadi and his family as they minister to many. I pray for a hedge of protection around them as they take on new territory the enemy does not like. Last night the Lord had me praying for a friend who I don't know what is happening in her life. I pray I am one of many "Oaks of Righteousness" in her life. I also pray I have many "Oaks of Righteousness" to support me in my life. I am grateful for the prayer warriors who have gone on to heaven. I know I felt their prayers many times. God blessed me with my Daddy, dear Lenore, and dear Marilyn who were "Oaks of Righteousness" for me as they lifted me up in prayer. I'm blessed now with my Momma and Ms Margaret who I know lift me up daily among many others who pray for me. "He Will" be exactly what we need as we allow Him to be. For that, I am so grateful.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these words from this song and from Your word that mean so much to me. Thank You for not only making "Oaks of Righteousness" who lift me up in prayer but for giving me the privilege to be one of them as I lift others up. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. May You be greater than the things that come my way to try to tear me down. May You be my physical strength as it is Tuesday which is so hard. Lord, thank You for being with those going through 'bombs' going off in their lives. Thank You Jesus for being My Everything! Amen.

No comments: