Friday, October 26, 2018

Matthew 5:6 - "First"


If my Daddy were still living, I would receive my morning call and the conversation would go like this:

HIM: Did you get a good night's sleep? How are you feeling?
ME: Well...I slept ten hours but I was awake three times praying during that time.
HIM: Sheila Babe, how many times do I have to tell you...you are going to get bed sores staying in bed that long!  (laughing)

Oh how I miss my Daddy! I miss his morning calls so much. I miss the way he encouraged me and prayed for me. I am thankful he is no longer in misery with health issues and that he is with Jesus. I also am thankful for the way his last hour or two of life was spent with him holding my Momma and them talking. What peace that gives her. 

During the night I had three times of prayer...

  1. Two families who are going through times of losing loved ones. I prayed for Peggy to have God's peace as she and her family figure out how to do life without Mike. I prayed for Tami and her family as they do the same with the loss of Jane.
  2. Those dealing with cancer diagnosis/treatments: Billie, Mike, Ellen, Sheryl, Little Richie, and a few others to feel His strength. I prayed for their families to have the same. I also prayed for wisdom in the decisions that need made in their health.
  3. Praises...Martin getting his citizenship/what a blessing for him and his family; one who had a 'clean' mammogram yesterday; Doc being able to visit our newest grand baby; finding out my Momma is coming again in February for a visit with Halls; and John having a clean bill of health with his cancer doctor.
This morning as I reflect on how God uses me to pray I feel so blessed. He knows exactly what I need. He knows when I am awake during the night I need more time to sleep or His supernatural empowerment to get through the day. He also gives me wisdom to walk through open doors He presents before me. I feel so blessed by Him. I think of Jesus' words when He presented the Sermon on the Mount. I live out Matthew 5:6. He fills me to overflowing every day with more of Him. The only way this is possible is for me to 'thirst for righteousness' as this verse says. I can never get enough of Him. I desire more and more. My thirst will not be quenched until I am living in eternity with Him. Woo hoo! Those will be some indescribable times!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me. Thank You for all of the blessings You pour down on me. Father, once again I ask for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing. I also ask for blessings upon my night time prayers. I pray You will give me open doors today to walk in. Father, give Doc good days as he visits with Adam, Rachel and the baby. Bless him in abundance. Thank You Jesus for being My Filler. Amen.

No comments: