Monday, October 1, 2018

Psalm 23 - "I Am Not Alone"



The Lord woke me up a few times during the night to pray for some going through tough days. He had me pray for all of them to lean on His strength. In order to do that, we must be in relationship with Him. This morning He has these words going through my mind...

When I walk though deep waters
I know that you will be with me
When I’m standing in the fire 
I will not be overcome
Through the valley of the shadow 
I will not fear

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

In the midst of deep sorrow 
I see your light is breaking through
The dark of night will not overtake me
I am pressing into you
Lord, you fight my every battle 
And I will not fear


There are things we deal with that will either draw us closer in relationship to the Lord or the enemy will use to take us away from the Lord. We must remember the Lord is with us on both the mountaintop and in the valley. He is with us as we fight physical battles; as we fight addictions; as we go through turmoil in family relationships; as we watch our children be prodigals...He is always with us. Sometimes we wonder what we've done wrong to go through tough times but that is not it at all. He is drawing us deeper into relationship with Him through the tough times. I am praying for many who are facing trials...

  • Peggy Holbrook and Family who are dealing with Mike's health issues
  • Roxanne who is fighting alcoholism
  • Billie and Mike who are in the battle of cancer
  • A couple with marital issues
  • One with continual health issues
  • One who is struggling with the situation they are in with family
I pray all of these ones will lean on His strength. I pray they will realize He is there to fight their battle. I also pray they will have people in their life to be Jesus to them.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the knowledge that You are always with me. Thank You for giving me the privilege to pray for these ones who are going through tough days. Father, may You be their strength just as You are my strength. May You be greater than what they are going through. I pray these ones will seek You today to be what they need. Lord, I also pray for a cleansing in my soul so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Use me in a mighty way today to be Jesus to others. Thank You Jesus for being My Shepherd. Amen.


No comments: