Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Psalm 23; Proverbs 3:5-6; "Trust In You"

Sometimes dreams can seem so real even though you don't recognize the people in them. I wonder if the Lord is giving me them to pray for the ones involved. I believe that is what happened last night so this morning I am praying for families in abusive situations. The one in my dream was parents with two children. One of the parents was emotionally and verbally abusing the other and the children. The abusive became so great that it turned into physical. I woke up a couple times and prayed, went back to sleep and went right back where it left off. The Twenty-third Psalm was in my heart the entire night and again this morning. 
As I said this over and over I thought about people who do not have Scripture hidden in their heart to lean upon during times of struggle. It is so important for us who work with children and teens to teach them Scripture. The other day in Sunday School we were asked about Scripture we learned as a child. The first one that came off of my lips was Proverbs 3:5-6. This is one we taught our Tuesday night children not long ago. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. There is deep meaning in these two verses that can be comforting and insightful when we say them. The same can be said about Psalm 23. It is one normally thought of as being used at funerals. What do people need at that time? Comfort and wisdom. The end result of both of these Scriptures is life with Jesus for eternity. That should be the goal of everyone and those who live such a life need to share it openly with others so they will desire the same.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the comfort and wisdom You shower down upon me. Thank You for wisdom yesterday when we could not find where we parked the car. Thank You for the goal I have of eternity with You. The only way that can happen is for a cleansing in my spirit by You and a filling of You in me. Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus for doing that for me today! I pray You will be with all families who are dealing with abuse. May Your wisdom be given to them so they no longer are in such a situation. Protect all in this situation. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Trust! Amen.

No comments: