Sunday, October 7, 2018

Romans 15:13 - "joy"


Saturday nights...woo hoo...oh how I love to pray for pastors. Last night before going to sleep I prayed for them and then again at 2:30AM. I had the song "Joy" in my heart as I prayed. The Lord had me pray for pastors who have lost their joy. He had me pray for them to realize He "has to be on the throne on their heart." There are many pastors along with many other believers who are living with Him being second or even third in their realm of importance. This saddens me to a great extent. I know people get busy and can get caught up in 'stuff' but that is not the way it is supposed to be. Some 'stuff' is even good but it still doesn't make it right. A church calendar can be full of 'stuff' but if God is not in control then it just isn't the way it should be. God reminded me of something I learned many years ago on how life should be...

Jesus
Others
Yourself

The only way to be filled with His joy is to have Him first in your life. This takes walking in His will, surrendered to His way, and allowing the Holy Spirit free access to every part of your life. This takes putting Him before even your spouse and/or children. He must be first at all time. I remember a few years ago when I struggled with this concept. I did not want to let go of what I thought was control over my life. I desired to hang onto the ability to make my own decisions. I was chained to lists and even lists for my lists. I thought I was happy. I even thought I was making Jesus happy because I was always doing something for someone. What a freedom there was when He finally got it through my thick head the concept of being totally surrendered to Him. It was then I experienced true peace and joy. If I would not of taken the step of full surrender, I would not be preaching this morning. I would never have been so close to finishing my schooling for ordination requirements. I would still be questioning 'why?' am I on this path in ministry. It does not make sense but it does not have to. God knows the 'why' and He knows how it will work out. In my prayers during the night He had me pray for pastors who are on a new path in their ministry. There are some who are struggling with walking in obedience to what is happening and some who are embracing the change. He also had me pray for some who want out of where He currently has them but it is not His time for them to leave. Some are trying to manipulate their circumstances. He had me pray for them to listen to Him. He also had me pray for some who are struggling in their ministry to realize they must turn everything over to Him. He had me pray for those who are living in great days in their ministry to not forget He is the reason for such good times. As I closed my prayers He reminded me of some who He has called yet they are resisting the call. Oh how I pray for all to have Him as their JOY!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You once again for giving me the privilege to pray for pastors. Father, I praise You for the opportunity that is ahead for me to preach today. I praise You for the way You will speak through me. Lord, I do not want this to be about me nor do I want this to be for a grade. I desire to have You cleanse me so You can fill me so You will flow from me. Lord, be with all pastors who will get into the pulpit, be with children or teens, be a support to their lead pastor, etc. today to have Your JOY flowing from them. I also pray this morning for the Holbrook and Jones families as they are going through these tough days of mourning. Lord, be their Peace. I pray for You to be my words, actions, and attitude in a mighty way today so all will see You in me. Thank You Jesus for being My Joy. Amen.

No comments: