Tuesday, October 2, 2018

John 3:16 - "At The Cross"


This morning at 2:53 the Lord woke me to pray for Mike Holbrook and his family. I prayed for strength along with asking God for a miracle of healing in Mike's life. I prayed for a miraculous healing to be a part of God's plan and if that was not what was ahead then I prayed for there to be no suffering. After praying for about a half hour God turned my prayers to praying for protection over Gene and his family. I have no idea why that came to my mind but I don't have to know. The Lord knows and that's all that matters. After praying for them He directed my prayers to others who are going through tough days. Some with cancer, some with family issues, some with health issues, some with financial issues but most of all some with spiritual issues. I finished a book yesterday where a person had to get into a situation where they feared for their life before they finally accepted the Lord. Their family had witnessed over and over again to this man with no results. In what he thought were his last minutes on this earth, he asked Jesus into his heart. He questioned how he could still be accepted into heaven if he made the decision in his last moments but was assured God would accept him. It made me think about how many times people have told me "I've done too much bad stuff" or "He would never accept me because I still smoke, drink, etc." God is always ready to accept people into His loving arms. He will never turn anyone away when they repent of their sins and ask Him into their heart. He is always there to love on us, encourage us, protect us, heal us, etc. He desires all to be in relationship with Him. I am sure His heart is breaking to see families in turmoil when if they all would be in relationship with Him, devoted to Him and hearing His voice they would live in harmony. There will always be issues in families because we are all human. But there does not have to be such discord that family members do not talk to one another or if they do, they say hateful things. God did not send His Son to this earth for people to just live. He sent His Son for people to live in Him. Getting people to realize this is one of the hardest things to accomplish on this earth.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, grace, and obedience to our Heavenly Father. Thank You for coming to this earth so we could live. Thank You for cleansing my spirit today so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I desire people to see/hear You instead of me today. I desire to walk in obedience to the path You put before me. Lord, be with all I prayed for during the night. Bless my prayers. Bless these dear ones. Thank You Jesus for being My Savior. Amen.

No comments: