Tuesday, October 9, 2018

I Samuel 17 - "Whom Shall I Fear"


I woke up this morning singing...

I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

There are so many people I have been praying for that need to realize these words. They need to realize they are not in their battle alone but instead have the Lord on their side. They also need to realize He has people on this earth to support them. I think of the story of David and Goliath this morning. Goliath had no clue what was about to happen to him. He probably was laughing when he saw David. He didn't realize the empowerment God had in David. A key part of this story is David conquered Goliath by believing he could. Sometimes we have 'giants' put before us that we don't think we can conquer. What we must remember is that we are not who will conquer them. It is God who will empower us to conquer them. Sometimes He works through doctors to enable us to conquer illness or disease. Sometimes He works through other people to get us to realize our faults. This morning I am praying for many who are facing giants...

  • Holbrook Family as they go through Mike's funeral today
  • Jones Family with the death of Jane
  • A family in turmoil
  • Billie as she begins chemo
  • A church group the enemy is playing havoc in
  • A pastor who is discouraged
  • Those in the path of Hurricane Michael, especially those who are still regrouping from Hurricane Florence
  • Roxanne as she battles alcoholism
  • Those around the world who are dealing with the after effects of typhoons, flooding, earthquakes, etc.
  • Some with financial difficulties
  • Those who are suffering from disease in their bodies...my MS fatigue to lessen; Roberta as she completes treatment; Nada as she regains her strength from treatment; Rose; Brian, Dale, Mike, and many others who are dealing with decisions on treatment or going through treatments
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for always being there to encourage me. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of Your Holy Spirit. Lord, I pray for more of Your wisdom throughout these days. I pray for more  of Your empowerment as 'giants' come my way. Lord, be with these ones who need the same as they face their 'giants.' Father, thank You for giving me the empowerment to stand up against the two 'giants' in my physical body. Thank You Jesus for being my God of Angel Armies! Amen.

No comments: