Thursday, October 4, 2018

Philippians 2:16 - "Word of Life"


The Lord woke me singing these words...

‘Cause You called me out from the grave
So I can live like I've been changed
There is a new song in my soul
And it begins
When I breathe in
Your word of life


His "word of life" is what we all need to breathe into our soul. 
His direction is what gets us through every day. 
His love is what needs to flow from our being every hour of every day. 
His wisdom needs to be ours when making decisions.
His truth needs to be what we speak every time our mouths open.
His peace is where we need to live.
His joy should be in our hearts at all time.

How can these things happen? It really is very simple. It takes surrendering fully to the will of God. That means we must move past the step of salvation into giving Him full control over every aspect of our life. It means doing things that don't seem to make sense. It means realizing life is not about us but about Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song this morning that reminds me of what You desire of me. Thank You for loving me so greatly that You never give up on me but instead encourage me. Father, I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me. Thank You for hearing how Ja'Vonte is praying since Tuesday night. Lord, I pray a continuation for contact for him. I also pray for my laptop to be able to be fixed without a large expense. But Lord I know whatever happens You will give us wisdom. Thank You Lord for that comfort. Thank You Jesus for being My Word of Life. Amen.

No comments: