Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Psalm 89 - "Word of Life"

The Lord woke me with an urgency to read Psalm 89 and these words to "Word of Life" going through my mind...

Word of life
Speak to my weary heart
Strengthen my broken parts
Lead me to Your open arms
Word of truth
Illuminate all these lies
The enemy speaks inside
In freedom I will rise

'Cause You called me out from the grave
So I can live like I've been changed
There is a new song in my soul
And it begins when I breathe in
Your word of life

The enemy is alive and well on this earth BUT my God is greater than him. Psalm 89 is lament in the last few verses but God's love and mercy are greater than anything we can go through on this earth. This Psalm speaks of the covenant God had with David. We, as believers, have a covenant when we accept Him into our heart. He will never leave us. There may be times where we feel like He has but He never will. There may be times where we feel like we cannot take another hit but it is those times where we need to realize we cannot do life without Him. The enemy wants us to be defeated, God wants us to be victorious! I love the words of Matthew Henry in regards to Psalm 89:15-18...

Happy are those who so know the joyful sound of the gospel as to obey it; who experience its power upon their hearts, and bring forth the fruit of it in their lives. Though believers are nothing in themselves, yet having all in Christ Jesus, they may rejoice in his name. May the Lord enable us to do so. The joy of the Lord is the strength of his people; whereas unbelief dispirits ourselves and discourages others. Though it steals upon us under a semblance of humility, yet it is the very essence of pride. Christ is the Holy One of Israel; and in him was that peculiar people more blessed than in any other blessing.

Praises will knock the enemy down every time! When we realize this, we will be victorious over the him. When we voice complaints or lament over our situation, it gives the enemy an open door to cause issues. God deserves our praises no matter what our situation. He deserves our praises even during tough circumstances. As we spew praises from our lips, the enemy will flee. Today I will choose praising God instead of complaining. I will choose to lean on God's strength in tough situations. I will choose joy! Matthew Henry writes:
 "Those who give God thanks for what he has done, may give him thanks for what he will do. God will follow those with his mercies, who follow him with praises." This is what all believers need to remember. We must praise God through the trials that come our way. The enemy does not like praises to the Lord. He does not like when we praise God instead of caving into his tactics.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song and Psalm that You gave me this morning. Thank You for the way You never leave me. Thank You for the way You are going to put praises on my lips today. Father, may You cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing so this will be possible. May You be greater than anything the enemy throws my way! Lord, there are many I know who are going through trials. I pray they will choose You over the enemy. I pray they will have the desire in their heart to praise You instead of allowing the enemy any open door into their situation. May You strengthen their faith through their trials. What a blessing to have a houseful of children and teens last night. Oh how I pray they saw and heard You through me. May the words spoken to them have been accepted and remembered. May they ponder upon the teaching throughout this week and come back next week with a hunger in their hearts. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Praise! Amen.


No comments: