Sunday, October 28, 2018

John 8:36 - "Who You Say I Am"


The words to "Who You Say I Am" are going through my mind this morning. What a blessing!

Who the Son sets free
Oh is free indeed
I’m a child of God
Yes I am
In my Father’s house
There’s a place for me
I’m a child of God
Yes I am

Everyone needs such freedom from the ways of the world. There is such bondage in not living for God. He is the only One who can provide peace. He is the Only One who can provide true acceptance. Last night I prayed for pastors to preach so people would accept the Lord into their life. Some people need to do this for the very first time. Others need to take a honest look at their life and make a change. No matter what, they need to hear the Gospel preached in a way that will wake them up. I truly believe we are living in end times. If people do not make the decision to walk with the Lord now, it may be too late. 

I am chosen
Not forsaken
I am who You say I am
You are for me
Not against me
I am who You say I am


These are words we all need to remember. Jesus did not die and rise up from the grave for just a few. He did it for everyone of us. He chose us to be His. Eternity in heaven is not just for some but for all who will accept Him in their heart and walk in His will. My heart breaks to see people accept Him and then walk in the ways of the world. That is not the life that He desires for anyone. He desires repentance and acceptance of His ways to be how we live. Last night I prayed for pastors to not candy coat their sermons but instead to preach the truth. God wants all of us to give Him all of us. Wow! All is a small word yet so powerful!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me the privilege to pray for pastors last night. Thank You for laying them on my heart and in my prayers. Thank You for being with each one as they go into the pulpit. I especially pray for my classmates who are preaching this week. Give all of us Your boldness to not only preach the Word but to present it in a way that will change people. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. The message You have given me to preach is one that asks people to move. I pray they will do as You direct. Thank You Jesus for being My Mover. Amen.


No comments: