Sunday, January 1, 2017

John 5:29; 30 - "Great Our You Lord"


"It's Your breath in our lungs...so we pour out our praise, we pour out our praise..." Yes! Praise the Lord for a new year! Praise Him for all that He brought us through in 2016 and for all the opportunities He will give us in 2017 to praise Him! Praise is key to living in His empowerment. When Jesus was on this earth, He was persecuted yet He never gave up. He never gave up living in the empowerment of His Heavenly Father. He knew He could do nothing without that empowerment. He depended upon His Heavenly Father. He is the example we need to follow. In order to follow His example we first must accept Him into our hearts and then we must be willing to live a life in His will. Non-believers and those who believe yet refuse to live in His will do not have His empowerment. Only those who are true believers will receive His empowerment. It is sad for me to see so many people who call themselves believers to live without His Spirit living in them. They are kidding themselves when they think they will spend eternity with Him. The only way to Heaven is through His will.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You used me as Your servant in 2016! Thank You for the way You will use me in 2017! I pray Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven through me in this new year. I pray I will grow deeper in my relationship with You and my Heavenly Father this year. I pray for more of the Holy Spirit to flow in and through me in this new year. I pray for You to ooze out of me because You fill me to overflowing with all three of You this new year. Thank You Jesus for being My Will. Amen.

No comments: