Thursday, January 12, 2017

James 1:2-4 - "Oceans"


Yesterday as we were leaving for my treatment and then going on to the neurologist I said to Doc, "Wouldn't it be cool if the MRI showed no MS?!?!" That didn't happen but at least there are no new lesions. As I heard the report my first thought was of disappointment but then I thought about how blessed I am through the MS. I thought about how the oncologist told me I was 'lined up' with my treatments which means they are doing exactly what they are suppose to be doing. God is blessing me through these diseases in so many ways. These last few days have been very painful and yet He continues to bless me with...

  • opportunities to be a beacon of light at the Cancer Center
  • prayer warriors who pray for me continually and never tire of me asking for prayer
  • a husband who even when he doesn't know what to do he continues to support me
  • the reminder of James 1:2-4
When I was going through the MS diagnosis, He gave me Philippians 4:13 to hold onto. With C it has been James 1:2-4. It was interesting how He gave me II Timothy 1:7 to give different people yesterday. One going in for an elective surgery that was postponed, one going in for a MRI and one whose church burned to the ground all received that verse.  God gave me "Be still and know that I am God" to give another one. I wonder if these will be verses they will hold onto through their situations. I love when He gives me scripture to tell people. We all go through storms in life and we all have a choice to make on how we ride out the storms. We can choose God or we can choose the lies of the enemy. God will uphold where the enemy tears down. God will give eternal strength where the enemy gives only temporal strength. God is the answer. This morning He woke me to....

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father you are King over the flood
I will be still, know You are God

Oh how I know these words to be true. The storms of life can be accomplished so much easier with God in control. Some question why God allows storms to happen. If they didn't, we wouldn't need Him. If it were not for C, I wouldn't have the opportunities that have come my way. I am not going to miss a lot of the aspects of these treatments but I am going to miss my new friends I have met there. I am blessed with a great doctor, a wonderful nurse and awesome technicians! Life will definitely be different after they are completed. God has blessed me in abundance over the course of these treatments and I know He will continue to bless me as I complete the last nine. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday and all of the blessings You poured out on me. Thank You for knowing exactly what I need and providing. Thank You for the strength You provided for me not only physically but most importantly spiritually. Thank You for the day ahead and for all of the opportunities You will give me to be You to others. Fill me to overflowing so people will see and hear You and not me in my words, action and attitude. Father, thank You so much for being My God. Amen.

No comments: