Wednesday, January 4, 2017

James 1:2-4 - "Thy Will"


"Thy will be done...Thy will be done..." How can I do the Lord's will when I feel like I don't have any strength? How can I have a smile on my face when all I want to do is cry? It is only through the empowerment of the Holy Spirit who will enable me to do what He desires. As I reflect back on yesterday I realize there were many opportunities put before me that I saw and responded to. I pray I didn't miss any others.
  • tech who is discouraged with pain...the Lord told me to tell her to read James 1 and then as I was leaving the parking lot "No Room" came on the radio and He had me share that with her
  • clerk who is having extreme back pain...He guided me to touch and pray for her back
  • friend who is discouraged with circumstances...He told me to tell her "Don't give up!"
  • friend who is suffering from some losses in her life...He gave me encouraging words for her
These are the kind of things I want to experience today but in my flesh I don't see how that will be possible. In my spirit though I know He will take away the distraction of my physical body in order to work in and through me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for leading me down the path of righteousness. Thank You for putting opportunities before me. Thank You for taking away distractions so I can see these opportunities. Lord, be my will today each and every moment. I pray for opportunities to be You today. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You through me today. Thank You for being My Will. Amen.


No comments: