Saturday, January 7, 2017

James 4:14-15 - "Awake"

There are too many people in this world who believe waiting on accepting the Lord, stopping bad habits, changing a life style, etc. can wait. We never know when the Lord will return. If do not live in the manner He so desires of us now, we won't be living with Him for eternity. Everything we do on this earth impacts our eternal being. If we make the decision to do His will, we will be with Him forever. However, if we make the decision to live a life of our own desires we may not have the time to make a decision where we live for eternity. Yesterday we saw a person run a red light and come within inches of t-boning a woman. The look on her face was one of terror as the car came so close to hitting her door. There wasn't time to pray for her before as it happened so fast but I sure prayed for her afterward. I prayed for her to have eternal peace. Her life on this earth could have been over in just the blink of an eye. But God spared her. I pray she realizes that and lives for Him. The sooner we all realize our purpose on this earth is to live out His will, the sooner we will be ready to die. 

James 4:14-15 describes us as being "a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." As I thought about a mist I thought about how it isn't clear. It is foggy and you cannot focus well in it. That is how a person who is not living in God's will lives. They are in a fog because their focus isn't on 'The Light' of Christ. Jesus is the only One to offer us the ability to focus on a life of eternity with Him. His way of life is one that is everlasting. But in order to have everlasting life we first must accept Him and then we must live in His will every day while on this earth. We must be willing to walk where He leads and talk what He gives us to say. We must remember He has a plan for us even when His direction seems 'weird' and we may not want to follow it. Yesterday as He told me to tell the waitress He loved her and she was beautiful I questioned Him. I was so thankful I was obedient when I saw and heard her response. She needed to hear those words. I also believe she needed the physical contact of me taking her hand when I told her and then the hug as we left. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt she saw and heard Him through me yesterday. I am thankful for the day I chose to quit living in the fog. I am thankful for the clear, blue skies that follow me throughout my days. Even when storm clouds come into my life my focus is sharp on Him. In fact, I believe when the storms come my focus gets even clearer and it's all because I chose to live the life He has for me.
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for allowing me to live out Your will on this earth. Oh how I pray for more people to realize You are the Way of Life they need. I pray for those who are seeking You to find You. I pray for those who are living part in the world and part for You to take the plunge into living a life fully for You. I pray for those who are living in a fog to see The Light of holy living. Father, fill me to overflowing so people see and hear You through me throughout this day. I pray for all the many prayer requests that came my way yesterday. Physical, mental, financial...most of all the spiritual needs. I pray specifically for the one seeking healing in her physical body to receive healing in her spiritual body. I also pray specifically for the situation where a Momma and little guy need protection. I pray she is living in Your strength. Thank You Jesus for being My Light. Amen.

No comments: