Monday, January 9, 2017

Philippians 4:13 - "We Won't Be Shaken"


Twenty-four years ago this month I was hit with what we would find out three months later to be MS. It was during that time the Lord gave me Philippians 4:13. Since I didn't have use of my right arm I couldn't hold my Bible for very long so I struggled. But God kept encouraging me with having this verse go over and over in my head. In the beginning I thought it was just talking about physical strength. I soon realized it is the whole ball of wax...physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, financial...every aspect of my life. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Yes!

I can
I can do
I can do all
I can do all things
I can do all things through
I can do all things through Christ
I can do all things through Christ who
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

His strength will overcome this pain. His strength will provide finances. His strength will empower me to not allow distractions to pull my focus off of Him. His strength will enable me to push through these last twelve treatments. His strength. Plain and simple. There are things I can do in my flesh to try to help in the process but the most important thing I can do is to take on His supernatural power and focus on Him. I refuse to allow C to win just as I refuse to allow MS to win. My God is greater than anything...

Whatever will come my way
Through fire or pouring rain
We won't be shaken
No we won't be shaken
Whatever tomorrow brings
Together we'll rise and sing
That we won't be shaken

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me through days like today. The pain I have is nothing compared to what You endured while on the cross for me. Father, give me wisdom on what to do and what not to do. Fill me to overflowing with You so there is no doubt in my mind that I am doing what You so desire. Lord, I pray people will see and hear You through my actions, words and attitude today. I pray against distractions that will pull my focus off of You. Thank You for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: