Friday, January 13, 2017

James 1:2-4 - "Put Your Hand In The Hand"


Last night Doc started singing "Put Your Hand In The Hand" and I asked him where he heard it. I had the same song going through my head all day yesterday. He said he had no idea. When I told him I also had it, he asked if I had been humming it but I had not. We were not together much yesterday and didn't go anywhere together so it wasn't as if we had heard it somewhere. We knew then the Lord had given it to us but not sure why. We live a life for Christ. We follow His will as best as we can. I think the line, "Take a look at yourself and you can look at the others differently" is key to what happens when you strive to live a life of holiness. Jesus takes away the desire to be critical of others. He gives new eyes to those who strive to be Christ-like. Instead of questioning people's actions one only questions the Lord on how to deal with such actions. I pray if we have slipped somewhere the Lord will reveal it to us. If He is preparing us for something ahead, I pray we will be ready. No matter what, I know there was a reason for this song. When I woke up in pain during the night, I started praying. I wondered who the Lord would wake up to pray for me as He wakes me up often to pray for others. Then I thought to myself, "Well duh woman He woke you up!" So I started praying for myself even though I would prefer to pray for others. As I prayed, I cried out for Him to take the pain away. Once again He gave me James 1:2-4. Once again I was blessed in knowing He will be glorified through my pain. The pain I am experiencing is nothing compared to His pain while on this earth. I have been reminded of that so many times over these last two and a half months. His pain was for a purpose. My pain is for a purpose. God was glorified through His pain and I pray He will be glorified through mine. After praying for over an hour I woke Doc up and asked Him to pray that I could go back to sleep. The rest of the night was spent in and out of sleep but I was grateful for every bit I had. I know He will give me the strength for the day ahead and for that I am so grateful. I know I will have my hand in His as we walk the journey before me today and the days ahead.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday which was filled with so many blessings. Thank You for the time by the waterfront, coffee with a friend, rest time, time with the boys and Grammy and a walk with my honey. Father, today is a new day. I pray for opportunities to be You to all I meet. I pray for more of You so people will see and hear You instead of me today. Fill me to overflowing with You in my words, actions and attitude. Father, I also pray for many who are going through tough times with breast cancer. I pray for those who are undergoing tests for the possibility of it. I pray for those awaiting surgery to rid of it. I pray for those undergoing treatment for it. Lord, may You be their peace and their strength. May You be with those who hear the words, "We found cancer." Thank You Jesus for being My Peace and My Strength. Amen.

No comments: