Sunday, January 22, 2017

James 5:15-16 - "The Lion & The Lamb"


This was a weekend of firsts...
  • first Pastor/Spouse Retreat on the SC District
  • first stay at Dolly Parton's Dream More Resort
  • first time leaving Mordecei home alone
  • first time having a cold since moving to SC
  • first time not opening up my laptop for a weekend
  • meeting some people for the first time and starting friendships with many
What a blessing to listen to Dr. Jerry and Toni Porter this weekend. It was so refreshing for my spiritual body! My physical body was refreshed with lots of sleep and rest! My marital body was renewed with time of laughs, prayers and talking with my sweetie! I love what I took from the weekend...
  • "Jesus is enough!"...even in times of loneliness
  • "Jesus is Lord!"
  • "Just because something is familiar it doesn't mean it can't be fresh!"
  • "Satan fears the minister that lives in Christ's freedom with the disciplines that keep priorities in balance!"
  • "God is more concerned in whom I become than in what I do for Him!"
  • "Let God give you new, big dreams!"
  • "God's highest goal for me is for me to be like Jesus!"
  • "In living for God's pleasure I find my true identity!"
  • "Holiness is a life-long love relationship with God and with each other as we grow in Christlikeness!"
I also was blessed with the reminder of John Wesley's favorite verses (James 5:15-16). As I sit here with my four-legged buddy cuddled up to me there is a storm outside but there is such peace in my spirit. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the blessings from the weekend! Thank You for my dear friend Edie's wise words, "Friendships just kind of happen over time. Then some move and others come. Just let it happen." Those words enabled me to be at peace with the weekend in a mighty way. Lord, thank You for not allowing me to feel lonely in the midst of my new district. Thank You for the many who made me feel like I was part of the SC family. Father, I pray for my friends who lost their husband/father/grandfather this morning. I pray they will lean upon Your strength through the tough days ahead. I pray for their family to come together and be strengthened. I also pray for the one having a breast biopsy tomorrow. Lord, I also pray for those who lost loved ones from the tornadoes this weekend. I pray for Your will for our safety with the weather ahead this evening. I pray for You to be 'enough' for me as I complete these last four treatments this week. I pray for 'new, big dreams' in the days ahead. I pray for a freshness in 'something that is familiar' when it comes to my relationship with my husband. I pray for You to become more in me so people will see and hear You instead of me. Thank You Jesus for being My Lion & My Lamb! Amen.

No comments: