Sunday, January 8, 2017

James 1:2-4 - "We Won't Be Shaken"


At 4:30 AM the words to "We Won't Be Shaken" were going through my head...

Whatever will come my way
Through fire or pouring rain
We won't be shaken
No we won't be shaken
Whatever tomorrow brings
Together we'll rise and sing
That we won't be shaken


I told Doc before going to bed that it seems like when one thing doesn't get me something else comes my way. He explained that it how spiritual warfare goes. The enemy does not like the way I live a life surrendered to the Lord's will. As these words came to my mind, it made me more determined than ever to continue living in this manner...

You know my every longing
You've heard my every prayer
You've held me in my weakness
Cause you are always there
So I'll stand in full surrender
It's your way and not my own
My mind is set on nothing less
Than you and you alone
I will not be moved oh


I will stand upon James 1:2-4 and persevere. I will not allow this new pain to stop me. It would be so much easier to stay home and go back to bed this morning but I refuse to allow the enemy to win. I am to sing the special this morning and had my song picked out. A couple days ago the Lord told me that I was to sing a different song but He didn't tell me which one. This morning He took me to "Just A Closer Walk With Thee"...

  1. I am weak, but Thou art strong;
    Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
    I’ll be satisfied as long
    As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.
    • Refrain:
      Just a closer walk with Thee,
      Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
      Daily walking close to Thee,
      Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

Oh my, yes! It is going to take a closer walk with Him in order to stand up against the things that come my way. Part of me wonders if I haven't been walking close enough to Him and that is why the new pain. Another part of me wonders if the enemy is after me. I truly believe it is the enemy.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace! Thank You for Your strength that allows me to stand up against things such as this new pain. Father, I pray in Your mighty name to heal me but in the process of that healing I pray for You to be glorified in all my words, actions and especially my attitude. Take away the distraction of this pain. Flow through me in abundance and be blessed as I am You to others. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: