Tuesday, January 10, 2017

James 1:12 - "We Won't Be Shaken"


Last night when Doc asked me if I was going to be OK I didn't answer in the way the Lord wanted. I know I didn't. I was feeling beat down. Right away the Lord gave me the words to "We Won't Be Shaken"...

Whatever will come my way
Through fire or pouring rain
We won't be shaken
No we won't be shaken
Whatever tomorrow brings
Together we'll rise and sing
That we won't be shaken


The Lord encouraged me to not look on the down side of my current situation. He encouraged me to see the cup half full and not half empty. I don't normally need told these things so I felt weird about it. It is not that my faith is faltering but it is that I am just tired in my physical body which effects my mental and emotional body. He encouraged me to rest in Him. Instead of feeling like I am not getting anything accomplished He encouraged me to be content with laying in His arms. Once again I go back to the book of James where we are told to not give up when times get tough. We must persevere. I love James 1:12 in the Message translation. "loyally in love with God"....yes! That is how I live my life. I am holding close to my heart the end of this verse..."the reward is life and more life." God is my strength as I go through tough days. I will persevere through them and live out what He puts before me each and every day. I refuse to give up. My Daddy taught me that over the years of the things he lived through. I know he is in heaven because of his faithfulness. I want my children and grandchildren to be able to say the same thing about me. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You again for this song that You keep bringing to me. Thank You for Your words of encouragement. Thank You for a lessening in my pain. Thank You for friends who are praying for me. Father, I am so sorry I didn't answer Doc in the way You desired. I will be OK because You are my Strength. You are my Empowerment. You are my Focus. Fill me to overflowing so people will see and hear You through me. Thank You Jesus for being My Everything! Amen.


No comments: