Monday, January 30, 2017

James 1:2-4; Joshua 1:9 - "Say Amen"


These lyrics were going through my mind at 4:35AM and then again when I got up....

If there's anybody here who's found Him faithful
Anybody here who knows He's able
Say Amen
And if there's anybody here who's seen His power
Anybody here brought through the fire
Say Amen
Anybody here found joy in the middle of sorrow
Just Say AMEN!

The meaning of the word 'amen' is 'so be it'! 'So be it'...'so be it'...YES! I want to say those exact words to anything the Lord puts in my path! The song continues with...

Sometimes through the darkness, it's hard to see
So just be brave and follow where He leads
'Cause greater is the one who's in us, than he who's in the world
So child of God remember, the battle is the Lord's


YES! I know I can be brave because Jesus was brave while on this earth and He is the example for me to follow. I know I can be brave because I am His child. I know I can be brave because no matter what I go through on this earth my goal is eternity with Him. I know I can be brave because whatever battle I go through it is His. It reminds me of a verse my friend Crystal shared with me a few years ago. Joshua 1:9 reads, Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Amen! These words encourage me to continue on being strong in my faith even in tough times. They remind me that no matter what people do or don't do I am not responsible for them. I am only responsible for me. They also enable me to live out James 1:2-4 and for that I am grateful.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the strength You provided yesterday and the rest You gave me last night. Thank You for the bright sunshine this morning that encourages me to stand in the Sonshine You will provide throughout this day. Thank You for the way You will fill me to overflowing with You and ooze out of my words, actions and attitude throughout this day. Thank You for the way You are going to enable me to get the mess with my medication worked out today. Thank You for being with some family members who are going through some tough days. Thank You for guiding my boys, their ladies and my grand babies today to know I love them but most importantly You love them. Thank You for taking my battles and winning! Thank You for being My Battle Fighter! Amen.

No comments: