Tuesday, January 31, 2017

I Peter 1:8-9 - "Streets of Gold'


I woke up this morning to Need To Breathe's "Streets of Gold" going through my mind...

I want you to know
I'm leaving to let you go
And someday we'll walk upon
The streets of gold


I started praying for many who have lost a loved one over the last year or so. It seems like there are so many who have gone on from this earth. Some to disease, some to accidents, some to old age...all different things have taken them. The sad part is the friends and family who are left behind. Another sad part to dying is when someone doesn't believe and live for the Lord on this earth they won't live with Him for eternity. The exciting part is that when one leaves this earth knowing Jesus as their personal Savior they are living with Him for eternity. "The streets of gold" are exactly the streets I want to walk on. The desire of my heart is to live with Him for eternity. The way to accomplish that is by allowing Him to love on me, fill me with His love and in turn love on others with His love. The last part of this song packs so much meaning...

The trouble with love is that it comes to an end
I've got a feeling I'm gonna find you again
Just in a place where love can't die


The way we know love on this earth is not the way we will know it in heaven. We only get a glimpse of it here. When we are basking in His Presence in heaven, love will go even deeper than it ever could while on this earth. There will be no false love in heaven but instead only true love. There will be no fake love in heaven, only authentic love. Woo hoo! That is exciting to think about! The enemy tries to trick us here but he will not be in heaven. He tries to make people think people love them when in fact they are out to use them. Only Jesus' love is the true love. There is not room in a person's heart for Jesus' love and satan's hate. We must repent when we allow anything other than Jesus' love to show through in our words, actions or attitude. Jesus desires us to be His love to everyone in all situations. People that walk the streets of gold have walked His love out while on this earth. I think of my dear Betty who showed love to everyone. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, she is walking those streets of gold. I think of my Daddy who loved people in many tangible ways. Yep, I know he is walking them streets. I like to picture him loving on people there. The first chapter of I Peter talks about our future life in heaven. The gift God has prepared for us in heaven is something I sure do not want to miss out on. Everyone likes gifts. The gift of heaven for eternity is something we can only imagine but I am sure my imagination doesn't even begin to come up with what heaven truly is.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the promise of Your gift of eternal life! Thank You for filling me with Your love! Thank You for grace when I mess up and don't love as You desire! Lord, the sun is shining so pretty this morning but more importantly You are shining down on me. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You through me today. May Your love be my actions, words and attitude throughout this day. Father, I pray for those hurting from the loss of a loved one. I also pray for those going through last days with a loved one being with them on this earth. Lord, be so very real to them. Love on them in a deeper way today. Thank You Father for being My Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. Amen.

No comments: