Friday, January 20, 2017

James 3:17-18 - "Live It Well"


I don't like short nights of sleep but I am blessed when My Heavenly Father gives me opportunities to pray. When I woke at 3:40 and couldn't go back to sleep, I asked Him to give me people to pray for. I prayed for family members, church circumstances, friends and then He told me to pray for one young lady for 'protection for her soul.' I have not seen nor talked to her or her family for quite some time but the last I did she was serving the Lord. I don't like when situations come up like this in prayer but I am grateful He uses me as a prayer warrior. This morning my thoughts go to this day where we will be on the road for many hours. Not only did I pray for safety on the roads but also for Doc and I to draw closer together as we are on this road in life the Lord has us on. I prayed for us to continue to adjust to our 'new life' with so many aspects of our life changing in this last year. I prayed for the weekend ahead as it will be so different than what we have always known as we gather with our district family. I prayed for new relationships that we would begin and for relationships of the past to stay connected. "Life is short...I wanna live it well" came to my mind as I reflected on the past and looked to the future. No matter where the Lord directs me to go, no matter what He asks of me, no matter when He calls upon me....I want to live out His will. Sometimes that means being lonely. Sometimes living out His will means doing things that don't seem normal or even sometimes reasonable. I use to think it meant leaving your comfort zone but it seems He has expanded the boundaries to the point I no longer have a comfort zone to leave. He has enabled me to be 'comfortable' in doing anything He asks of me. I also prayed for others to come into relationship with Him in such a way. My prayers for others this morning included:

  • a pastor and his family who are going through tough physical issues in his body
  • a wife who is dealing with her husband having sexual identity issues
  • one who is dealing with a terminally ill family member 
  • my brother who is struggling physically
  • the inauguration today...safety, unity, people to be Christ-like in their words and actions
  • a young wife/mother who the Lord told me is 'discontent with life'
  • a couple the Lord told me to pray to be 'content' in their marriage 
  • two couples trying to get pregnant
  • a missionary who is struggling with being away from her family
  • a young girl struggling for breath
  • Dan and Debbie Bohi who are separated so much while he is on the road; Craig & Connie Rench who are also separated while he is on the road; Jay & Judy Jellison
  • Pastor Steve and Thais Ward as they prepare for retirement
  • Shawnda and Ryan as their wedding day draws closer
  • the neighbor girls with high fevers
  • Harold and Rhonda who are looking for a home
  • a couple who don't feel a part of their church family
  • the pastor and his family who are preparing to move to a new church
  • the young lady having eye surgery tomorrow
  • everyone going through cancer treatments
The last few verses of the third chapter of James are entitled "Live Well, Live Wisely" in The Message. "Live well, live wisely, live humbly" are good words to live by. Being humble before the Lord is key for anyone who desires to live in His will. It seems like there are many who say they are sanctified yet are not living out the direction of verses seventeen and eighteen. How can one be living a life sold-out to the Lord and yet be in turmoil with their brothers and sisters? It just cannot happen. This is something that I see in many people and I pray their eyes will be opened. I pray they will realize if they truly want to live a holy life they must be Christ-like and love everyone with His love. It takes realizing it is not about the desires of your heart but rather the desires of His heart. He desires for us to be unified not divided. Oh how I pray for our country to be unified instead of divided as a new president goes into office today. Politics should not divide believers yet it is in so many ways. That saddens my heart. I can't imagine how the Lord feels over it.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the day that is ahead! Thank You for safe travels on the road and for a great time together with our District family. Lord, I prayed for so many after waking up. I pray You will bless my prayers. I also pray You will fill me with more of You so people will see and hear You instead of me throughout this day. Oh how I desire to live out Your will. I also pray for more people to have that same desire in their hearts. Thank You Jesus for being My Desire. Amen.

No comments: