Thursday, January 19, 2017

James 1:22; Acts 13:22 - "Ever Be"

"Your praise will ever be on my lips...ever be on my lips..." Yes! I will praise Him no matter what is going on in my life! I have been asked many times how I can praise Him through tough days. My response is "it's easy!" I have no reason to not praise Him but I have lots of reasons to praise Him. He took me back to James 1 this morning and stopped me at verse twenty-two....


God's word tells us over and over to praise Him. One of my favorite verses is I Peter 2:9. It tells me that I am special in God's eyes. He chose me! He called me out of sin into a life of holiness. For all those reasons I need to praise Him! The book of Hebrews tells us to praise God continually in 13:15. King David tells us over and over in the book of Psalm reasons to praise the Lord. He tells us in 71:23 that He rescued us. Therefore, we should praise Him. I love how David is described by Paul in Acts 13:22. He was telling the people about how God had taken the people out of Egypt and given them leaders. When Saul was no longer king, He raised up David as King. Paul quoted Him as saying, "I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My heart, who will do all My will" (NASB). That is exactly how I want to be described by the Lord. I want to be known as a woman after His heart who will do His will. Woo hoo! As I do His will, I will praise Him!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song and Scripture this morning. Lord, You know I am physically wore out and in pain yet I praise Your Holy Name for being alive! I praise You with my whole being! I praise You for the strength to continue on in this journey with C. I praise You for the opportunities You will place before me throughout this day to show Your love to others. I pray for more of You to show through my words, actions and attitude throughout this day. I pray for those who are hurting to find reason to praise You. I pray for those who are away from You to find You and praise You. Thank You Father for being My Praise Maker! Amen.

No comments: