Wednesday, January 18, 2017

James 1:2-4 - "Live It Well"


"Life is short...I wanna live it well..." This song was going through my mind when the alarm went off this morning. Then on the way into town it came on the radio. Alrighty God, I get the message! I dropped Doc off for his 8:30 appointment and went to the store before going for my treatment. While in the store I received a call that treatment was cancelled due to the server being down. I was bummed at first but then thought I would just do some shopping to take care of the time until time to pick Doc up. I also started to grumble because I would not have had to get up so early if I would have known. The Lord checked me on that! Short time later another call came in to come in for treatment. Thank You Jesus! Little did I know I was on an emotional roller coaster this morning that was just starting. I rushed to get out of the store and get to the Cancer Center only to find out they were so far behind that I wouldn't be able to get my treatment, pick up Doc on-time and get him to his next appointment. Urgh! I left with a smile and told God that I didn't understand what was going on with this day but it was in His hands. I thought I had a half hour to wait on Doc only to have him walk out when I pulled in. I quickly called the Cancer Center to see if I could still get treatment and she said if I came right away. Back I went, Doc dropped me off so he could go to his next appointment and they took me right away. Afterward I had a hour and a half wait for Doc to get back. As I sat there, I thought God must have someone here for me to share Him with but no opportunity came about. So I started praying for workers, patients and family members who came and went. I don't know what His point was of this morning but I do know I am thankful that I can say I am living out my life in His will. I am thankful I did not get angry with this morning but instead was at peace in knowing He was in control. I think back on James 1:2-4 as I reflect on the morning. I chose joy instead of anger. Everyone has that choice to make when things don't go 'right'! No matter what, when you are living in His will things will go the way He desires. When obstacles come into my path, He takes care of them. For that, I am grateful.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being My Peace throughout this hectic morning. Thank You for giving me the privilege to pray for so many. Lord, this morning wore me out and today is Wednesday so there is still church tonight. I need an abundance of Your supernatural strength to come down upon me. I pray for more of You so people will see/hear You through me. I pray for a blessing upon the rest of this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace. Amen.


No comments: