Saturday, January 14, 2017

James 5:16 - "Magnify"


As I read James 5 this morning the Lord stopped me at verse sixteen. I thought about one I have been praying for that seems to not have her prayers being answered. She believes and has faith in God yet for some reason her prayers don't seem to be answered. God always answers our prayers but the answers are not always what we desire. The thing we must remember is His answers are always a part of His plan. In these verses it points out that we must be "living right with God" in order for our prayers "to be reckoned with." This is where the idea of living a life of holiness comes into play. When we live a life in the manner He desires, it still does not mean our prayers will always be answered in the way we expect them to be. But it does mean whenever He answers our prayers we will be content. He will give us the desires of His heart the closer we draw near to Him. We will understand the way He answers our prayers as we live out a life for Him. I did not choose to have C yet I am being blessed through the opportunities He is giving me through it. This is hard to comprehend unless one is living sold out to Him. One cannot be "whole and healed" unless they are living a life of holiness. People think they are 'ok' with just being saved but everyone needs to take the next step before they are truly living the life the Lord desires of them. It actually is plain and simple. Sin separates us from God. When we are living out a life based upon our own decisions desires, we are not living as He desires. Instead He wants us to allow Him to give us the desires of His heart to live out. Our prayers will change drastically when He is in control of every aspect of our life. Instead of praying for healing of a specific disease we will pray for Him to be glorified in the outcome. That doesn't mean we won't pray for a healing. It just means we will pray for a healing if it is a part of His plan. We ultimately will be healed in His time. That may mean on this earth or it may mean when we are given new bodies in heaven. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the blessings of yesterday. Thank You for the blessings ahead in this day. The day has already changed from what I thought it would look like and I am OK with that. I know Your plan is the best plan of all. I pray You will be glorified in my words, actions and attitude throughout this day. I pray You will fill me to overflowing with more of You so people see and hear You today through me. Lord, I do pray against this pain but as You already know my ultimate goal is for You to be glorified through me. Whatever it takes to win one to You or to open someones eyes to something You have for them...that is my prayer. Lord, I pray for my brother who is dealing with C in some nasty ways. May You be glorified in his situation. I also pray for others who are dealing with physical issues. May You become so real to them that there is no doubt they need to live a life of surrender to You. Thank You Jesus for being My Holiness. Amen.

No comments: