Sunday, January 15, 2017

Philippians 4:13 - "Thy Will"


What a night! I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it was a Saturday night but oh my. My conversation this morning with the Lord when it was time to get up...

ME: I can't do this...

GOD: Yes you can, Daughter. In my strength.

ME: Urgh...I can't...

GOD: Daughter!

ME: Sorry, God. I know...I know...Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Your strength. But Father why did I have to be awake so much last night?

GOD: Just look at all of the ones you prayed for. Your prayers were heard and will be blessed.

ME: But Father couldn't You have heard those prayers during the day?

GOD: Daughter!

So this morning I will lean on His strength and bask in the knowledge that I prayed for many during the night...
  • my husband...strength in every aspect of his life
  • my boys and their ladies...to love each other unconditionally
  • my grand babies to know I love them and miss them dearly
  • my Momma for strength
  • my brother who is suffering with cancer...I prayed for mercy and for his new wife
  • my siblings to draw close to the Lord
  • our church family...some who have been missing...some who are dealing with physical issues...some who are dealing with emotional baggage...some who are dealing with conviction
  • the church building rehab costs we will receive tomorrow
  • people in our area who don't have a church home
  • my new neighbor who needs a good dose of Jesus...I pray he saw Him in me when I took him breakfast yesterday
  • the sweet little one I snuggled with yesterday...I pray her and her brother will see Jesus through my love for them
  • the family who are temporarily separated due to a new job for the husband
  • the family who are adjusting to having Daddy back from deployment
  • the Momma and her two babies who are adjusting to Daddy being deployed
  • the young Momma who is dealing with her little guy's father who is not being a Daddy
  • the newly engaged couple
  • one awaiting MRI results
  • the couple who are having issues with trusting one another
  • the little guy recently diagnosed with leukemia as he started chemo; his family
  • the one seeking God's will yet not letting go of blatant sin
  • these next seven treatments...my cream to come in the mail...my pain to lessen
Dear Jesus,
As I go back over all who You had me pray for I realize there are many needs, especially spiritual ones. Father, I am sorry I was crabby. I am physically so drained this morning. But I will rely on Your strength. I ask that You not only just 'get me through this morning' but that You bless me in abundance through it. I pray for people to be in Sunday School and Church. I pray they aren't just there but that they are blessed through what they see or hear. I pray for people to leave their misconceived notions at home of what they want out of church and instead be open to You. Lord, I am not just praying this for our church but for all churches. I am praying there will be people wake up today and for the very first time seek out a church to attend. I also am praying for all my pastor friends to have boldness from the pulpit. Lord, take away distractions the enemy tries to put in their way by using people with issues/problems. Protect all pastors this morning and fill them to overflowing with more of You. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: