Friday, January 27, 2017

John 6:63-65 - "The Lion and The Lamb"


The Lord woke me in the middle of the night to ponder on what I heard Rob McCorkle teach last night on the nine manifestations found in I Corinthians 12. I've heard this teaching before but learned some new things last night. One of them was about the manifestation of tongues. The concept of tongues is taboo to many believers. I was raised with it not being something we believed in personally but saw it in other denominations when we went to revivals. I also remember one service as an adult where it was not done Biblically but was man-made even to the point of it being in the church bulletin. Rob taught there are four kinds of tongues found in the Bible...

  1. I Corinthians 13:1 - tongues of angels; II Corinthians 12 - celestial tongues
  2. Acts 2:4 - unlearned tongues (not unknown)
  3. I Corinthians 14:2 - private love language with Papa; behind closed doors
  4. Mark 16:17 - "new"; anointed; boldness
As I listened to Rob I was reminded of a couple things that have happened to me over the last couple of years. The most recent one was just this last weekend. I went into a store to make a return and the clerk told me she was deaf so she couldn't understand me. After the return was made I thanked her by using sign language. The thing is I was never taught sign language! When I got back in the truck, I asked Doc if what I did was for 'thank you' and he looked at me with a big smile and said it was. How did I know it? There is no explanation other than it was God giving me the way to communicate with someone. To me that falls in an Acts 2:4 type of tongue. Another one of these I can relate to is the one in Mark 16:17. It says, "These signs will accompany those who have believed; in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues;" I have never been shy about speaking my mind but after a being in an impartation service with Dan Bohi I was empowered with a boldness unlike what I had ever experienced. Prior to that service my boldness came from my personality...my humanness. After that service my boldness came from the Holy Spirit. It was 'new' as described in Mark 16:17. The desire of my heart is to be more than just a believer. I want to be a participant of His super natural power. I want to share in doing His work of healing, miracles, etc. The only way to do that is to first love Him in a way that will enable me to love others as He does. Once I found that type of love and was filled with the Holy Spirit my life changed drastically. I found myself not questioning if it was Him directing me but instead was in a place I heard His voice and knew it was Him. Rob said, "If you are pursuing love and living in His Spirit, manifestation will happen." Amen! I continue to be amazed even though I shouldn't be surprised by anything He does through me. It has become my norm to hear Him tell me to do things that aren't 'normal' and I love it! Another thing Rob said that made so much sense was, "Even when we do something and it doesn't happen the way we want it to, when it is done in His love it will 'right'!" Wow! I had never thought about that but if I believe "Love never fails" then I will believe this! During the night when the Lord had me pondering these things He also gave me something else to ponder. There are many people who say they are sanctified and I think they believe they are because they are going on what they were taught by the Church as to what it means. They say they are 'surrendered' to Him in a book sort of way. When you see their lives, there is little to no fruit. Can one be sanctified with no fruit to show from them? I don't believe so. Can one be sanctified and yet blatantly not love with Jesus' love? I don't believe so. I am not judging them. I am just making an observation and from that observation I am praying for their eyes to be opened up to the Truth. I am praying they will allow the Holy Spirit to enable them to live as God desires. The Holy Spirit executes and implements the accomplishment of God's will in us. We must partner with Him in order to accomplish Romans 12:1-2. If we are going to be Christ-like, we must follow His example of having the manifestation of our Heavenly Father's power in us. While on this earth Jesus lived out His Father's power. He was empowered by the Holy Spirit to do miracles of all sorts and we need to do the same. An article on the internet on God's power reads:

The purpose of God’s power in our lives is to come alongside us and help us learn three things: 1) how to be sanctified, 2) how to partake of Christ’s Life, and 3) how to become those overcomers (faithful ones) who bear righteous fruit. Sanctification leads to partaking, partaking to overcoming, and overcoming to inheriting. God’s resurrection power accomplishes all three of these things. His power not only gives us a new spirit when we are born again, His power also produces a transformed life through the sanctification process (1 Peter 1:5).

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the teaching last night and for the reminders during the night. Father, You also reminded me of a family I knew growing up that didn't know You. I'm not sure why You reminded me of them when all of them have died except one and I'm not even in contact with her. Maybe it was to remind me to not allow opportunities to be passed by with ones I come in contact with now. I am grateful I have repented for my actions with them and You gave me a clean slate. I also am grateful for the way You continue to fill me with Your Holy Spirit and use me to be a beacon of light in my little world. Fill me to overflowing so people will see and hear You through me today. Lord, thank You that yesterday was my last radiation. I pray for my strength to be rebuilt. I pray my tiredness will never be a distraction from what You desire of me to do. Lord, I am so thankful for the shattering of my old wineskin as Rob taught on last night. You are so awesome...so great...so wonderful! Your empowerment of Your Holy Spirit is where I desire to habitat! Thank You Jesus for being My Empowerment! Amen.

No comments: