Thursday, January 26, 2017

James 1:2-4 - "Battles"


When I woke in the middle of the night, the Lord had the words to "Battles" once again in my mind...

And surround me on every side
Your love is my armor I fear no evil.
Darkness runs from your light
So I won't be afraid, I won't be afraid

It is almost as if the enemy couldn't get me with other things and so he tried to get me with C. But he didn't win. I love the words..."Darkness runs from Your light..." Yes! The enemy could only find His light in me so he had to run away! Woo hoo! I am so thankful for the way the Lord has been with me through the testing, surgery and then the treatments. It still seems hard to believe that today is the last treatment. In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday that I started with #33. In other ways, it seems like it has been a long time. Although, it was just a little over three months ago that I had the biopsy and less than three months ago when I heard 'C' for the first time. That is so hard to believe because it seems like it has been so much longer than that. We've been in South Carolina a little over seven months now. To think of all that has and hasn't happened during that time is mind blowing. But the most important thing to remember is that God is in control of all of it and I am trusting Him through it all. Not only am I trusting Him but I am rejoicing in how He is using the circumstances to be glorified. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the day that is ahead with my final treatment. Thank You for answering my prayers that I would not have to have the decision about doing chemo, for the genetic testing coming back favorable so my children and grandchildren would not have to be tested, for the strength You gave me through the pain with the rawness and for being My Strength through each and every moment of the fatigue. Lord, You are so wonderful in giving me so many blessings through C. I thank You for the new friends I have made. I thank You for the opportunity to share You with so many over these last few months. Father, I pray You will continue to use me as a beacon of light in this community. Give me more of You. Give me more of a passion to be You to all I meet. Give me Your words, Your actions and most of all Your attitude as I love on people. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Desire To Glorify! Amen.

No comments: