Thursday, April 7, 2016

Psalm 51:1-2 - "Alone"


I woke up this singing the words to "Alone" and was blessed in knowing He is always with me. When I am in the midst of a storm, He is there. When I am uncertain of what to do, He is there. When I need to feel loved, He is there. Plain and simple, He is always with me. How is this possible? Because each and every day I go before Him and ask Him to take away anything that is between us. I ask Him to cleanse me of anything I should not have done or said. His mercy covers me with a blanket of His love and grace. Doc asked us several weeks ago to pray for the prodigals. It amazes me how long the list is just within our body of believers. So many people have chosen the 'easier' road for life. They may think the ways of the world are better but if they would just stop to think about eternity they would realize they need to be in fellowship with the Lord. Part of being in fellowship with Him is to be in fellowship with a body of believers. "I don't need a church to be a Christian" is heard so often. That statement is true to a certain point but everyone needs to be involved in church. That is where one learns from others. It is where we are held accountable for our actions. The church body is a place of support that cannot be found in any other place. As I pray for the prodigals, I pray they will allow the Lord once again to be in the center of their life. I pray they will realize He is the key to living a life worth living. The words to this song are words so many people need to get to the point of saying...

But don't leave me, leave me alone 
Bust down the door to my heart like it's Your home 
Don't need no keys 
I'm on my knees 
Begging You please 
I've gotta settle this thing once and for all 
You got my heart my soul You can have it all 
I'm on my knees 
Beggin' You please 
Beggin' You please, Lord 
Don't leave me alone 


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for never leaving me alone. Thank You for cleansing me each and every day. Lord, this morning I am praying for the prodigals that have chosen the world over You. I am praying for their souls. I do not want to see anyone live for eternity in hell. Father, may You open their eyes, ears and hearts to You. Lord, use me in whatever way You so desire in this process. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit that will enable You to fill me with more of You. I pray for Your words to be my words and Your actions to be my actions throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Everything. Amen.


No comments: