Monday, April 4, 2016

Psalm 51 - "If We're Honest"

I woke up this morning with "If You're Honest" lyrics going through my mind..."so bring your brokenness and I'll bring mine..." Brokenness is something that will either make you or break you. We all have to get to the point of brokenness in our spirit in order for God to cleanse us. As these words were going through my head I thought of the teaching Doc did yesterday on the Tabernacle/Temple Prayer. When we get to the Laver, we must 'wash our hands' of anything not of the Lord. As we go over the Ten Commandments we must humble ourselves before the Lord and ask for forgiveness. Yesterday at the altar I was broken before the Lord and asked Doc to prayer over me for the right attitude in my spirit. I was so grateful for that to happen before listening to his teaching. It enabled me to understand better. It took away any confusion that was starting to be seeded in my spirit. 


Psalm 51 was written by David after his time with Bathsheba. David had to be broken before God. He had to confess his sin and ask for forgiveness. Only then would God be able to use Him as His servant. Confessing of our sins and asking for forgiveness is not just a one-time thing to do. We must do it daily. We must die to self daily in order to be in right relationship with Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for dying on the cross for me. Thank You for loving me. Thank You for sanctifying me wholly. Lord, I pray for brokenness to be found in more people. I pray for more people to realize the need for not only knowing You but for being in relationship with You. I pray for more people to realize the importance of brokenness. I pray You will accept my sacrifice of brokenness. Lord, come down upon me in a mighty way today. May Your words be my words and Your attitude be my attitude. I pray for more of You to flow out of me. Thank You Jesus for being My Cleanser. Amen.

No comments: