Saturday, April 16, 2016

II Chronicles 7:14 - "If We're Honest"


I woke up this morning with these lyrics to "If We're Honest" going through my mind and asked the Lord what He wanted me to get from them. Were they for me? Am I not being honest about something? Or is there someone I need to pray for that needs to be honest with themselves or others?

Bring your brokenness, and I'll bring mine
'Cause love can heal what hurt divides
And mercy's waiting on the other side
If we're honest
If we're honest
It would change our lives
It would set us free
It's what we need to be

The old saying of 'honesty is the best policy' is so true. As this song says, "It would set us free..." His words to me were, "Pray for people to be honest in the service tomorrow. Pray they will fall down before me in total surrender." Yes! There will be such freedom in our church body as we all surrender to Him. I am expecting great things from the culmination of our twenty-one days of fasting and prayer. I don't know how many participated but I am praying tomorrow people will share how the Lord has worked in their lives over these last three weeks. I go back to II Chronicles 7:14 with the realization that this is the only way we, as believers, will see a change in our personal lives, our church bodies, our town and our country. Oh how I pray for more believers to realize this verse must be followed in order to follow God's will for each of us.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, Your mercy and Your grace. Thank You for dying on the cross for each of us. Thank You for speaking to us. Thank You for guiding us. Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You in and through me today. Thank You Jesus for being The One Who Loves Me. Amen.

No comments: